Saturday, June 11, 2022

πŸ’₯ Overcoming through God


Barbara Preston:  Member of body of Christ

2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
 
Reading this verse on the blog triggered something in me.
 
Last night my husband and I were watching a movie where the main character was making some terrible decisions hurting both himself and others.
 
He reminded me of myself and the person I used to be before I was born again.
 
It didn’t grieve me but, rather, I sat there and marveled at the way God has changed me. I found myself thinking … I don’t even know the person who did those things.
 
This is because God changes us when He chooses us, giving us HIS SPIRIT, the HOLY SPIRIT, and we truly become a new creature … a new person. One who is truly “born again.” And everything in our lives becomes new. Different from the way we used to be. Different from the way we used to think.
 
Our flesh hasn’t gotten any better but we now have a way to overcome through God’s Words to us. We no longer have to live in defeat and despair.
 
God works this miracle in the lives of all who belong to HIM. And I think about how wonderful it is to be chosen as one of His children. It is the ultimate gift!!

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

Jesus said to HIS disciples before HE was taken into heaven:

Acts 1:8  But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto ME both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

Through the Holy Spirit we are given by God the power to overcome all things.

Ephesians 3:20  Now unto HIM that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,

The power that worketh in us is the power of God through the Holy Spirit of God WHO lives in each believer.

The Holy Spirit:
  * teaches us all things  (John 14:26)
  * reminds us of all that Jesus has said to us (John 14:26)
  * guides us into all truth  (John 16:13)
  * shows us things to come   (John 16:13)

The Holy Spirit comforts us and shows us truth about all things.

By the Holy Spirit of God we know what we are to do in the issues pertaining to this present life.

The Holy Spirit is a mighty power of God and is a gift to us, the believer in God.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯