Sunday, June 12, 2022

Podcast: Politics: Are you trusting in governments of men and hoping for them to give you something?

 

 
 
The people of this world often hope in governments of men.  They vote for men and women hoping they will make some law whereby they benefit financially.  As they vote for these individuals they also sanction these individuals and often as a result they will lose reward in heaven as Christians.

The apostle John tells us this:  For if we wish a person well and they do evil, we will be a part of their evil, says John.

II John 

8 Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have wrought, but that we receive a full reward.

9 Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.

10 If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:

11 For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

To choose one party of politics over another is also to come to "hate" the other party.  Hatred is a big part of politics.

The world thinks it noble and good to vote for politicians and they take pride that they voted and often blame those who do not vote.

The Bible tells us to pray for those who are in charge.

Paul tells us to pray for our kings and rulers that we might live in peace.  I do pray sometimes for the rulers of governments of men.

Paul says:

I Timothy 2:1-2   I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;  2 For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.

πŸ’₯  I did pray that God not allow Donald Trump to fire a nuclear device when he was president of the United States.

πŸ’₯  I have prayed a few times for President Biden that he would not take us into a war.

But I would not vote for either man nor sanction any worldly man for anything.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

And I do not desire riches from men.  I want my "riches" to come from God as Abraham did when the king of Sodom offered him riches.

Genesis 14

21 And the king of Sodom said unto Abram, Give me the persons, and take the goods to thyself.

22 And Abram said to the king of Sodom, I have lift up mine hand unto the LORD, the most high God, the possessor of heaven and earth,

23 That I will not take from a thread even to a shoelatchet, and that I will not take any thing that is thine, lest thou shouldest say, I have made Abram rich:

When I read this scripture more than 40 years ago, I swore the same thing to God:  "I want my wealth to come from YOU."

I do not gamble and hope to win the lottery.  That is an appalling thought to me!

I want my provision to come from God ... and it does.  God has supported me and provided all my needs, exceedingly abundantly above all I can ask or even think!  (Eph. 3:20)

I would not want to trade God's provision for man's provision.

But on TV news, I see groups do this all the time, thinking governments of men to be their hope.

During WWII, the German people were afraid not to vote for Adolph Hitler.

I think I would have been praying for God to move me to another country had I lived in Germany at that time.


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯