Friday, April 26, 2013

Taking thoughts captive

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

God brings thoughts to our mind by HIS Spirit.

But the devil also brings thought to our mind and the thoughts of the devil are opposite to the thoughts and will of God.

Therefore we are told to "try the spirits whether they are of God" (I Jn. 4) ... We have to take questionable thoughts to God in prayer, asking God for His truth in the matter at hand.

This week, Pam Padgett, had the thought:  "You're getting too preachy."  So she acted on that thought and began watering down her teaching until it became powerless.  I talked to her about the change.  Then she told me of the thought that she was getting too "preachy".  But she failed to take that thought to God to see if it was from Him.

Later that night I was reminded of the following scripture:

I Cor. 1:21 ... For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

After this, Pam had following experience:  She awoke one morning with a terrible fear that she could not do the work of God.  She cried out to God for help and the following was brought to her mind.

Isaiah 41:10 ... Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.

The devil brought the negative thought to Pam and the devil brought the fear to Pam.  This is what the devil does.  Anti-Christ means opposite to Christ ... opposite to the will of God. 

God brought the truth to Pam when she turned to HIM.

But also note that when she opened the door on the first thought by failing to turn to God, the devil then brought the fear.

We have to deal with these thoughts otherwise we open more doors for devils to attack us with thoughts that would take us opposite to the way of God.