Thursday, April 25, 2013

How close are we to return of Jesus?

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

We do not know the exact day Jesus will return ... nor do we know the hour.  No one knows but God.  But we do know the season ...

Jesus said ... Mt. 24 ... Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh: 33So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.  34Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled. 35Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

At the end of winter, we see the very tiny green start to come on the end of the Willow trees.  We know that leaves will come soon and summer will be next.

As the iniquity abounds, the end draws near.  The iniquities of the world are signs to us just as leaves on trees.

Is it getting worse?  Of course it is.  The homosexuals demand their rights and abound in ways no one could have imagined only a few decades back.  In the 1960's, in the USA, homosexuals were arrested when discovered in public.  Now in USA homosexuals are rampant and are demanding marriage rights among themselves.

Abortion is now legal in USA.

Aren't these evils signs?

And there are even signs in the skys ...  Amazingly this year, starting with February, we saw meteors moving out of place.  One fell in Russia.  In March one was noted in Australia.  In April, sightings were in Argentina.  Even a secular newscaster on NBC said, "There sure are a lot of these sightings lately."

We have to be moving much closer to the return of Jesus.

Peter said:  But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
11Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness, 12Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?  13Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness. 14Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless. II Peter 3


Let each one of us be warned ... It is our individual responsibility to keep ourselves in peace, without spot, and blameless ... so when Jesus comes we, the church, will be ready.

If there is anything you dread in future, you are not living in peace.  You need to take care of that which you dread.  You may need to cancel it, when possible.  Here is an example:  The doctor retried who was supplying prescription for sleeping pills for me.  I have been taking sleeping pill nightly since my accident and operation 2 1/2 years ago. (There is metal rod in my left leg and pain when I lie down.  Rather than take pain medicine I selected sleeping pill to help me sleep.)  After she retired, I thought I would try to not take pill to sleep.  But after 3 days, I found I was so tired I couldn't read the Bible or write exhortations.  So I went to another doctor.  He went over a list of medical tests and I told him I did not want those tests.  He did not try to persuade me to take any tests.  Then he mentioned blood test.  I agreed to this.  But I went away with dread.  And every day I dreaded the time I would do this.  Today I wrote him and told him I had decided not to do blood tests.  If he wants to remove me from his client list he can do so and I can hunt another doctor who will work with me without the tests.  I do not think he will remove me.  But by writing him, I removed the dread and returned to living in peace. And I face my next appointment with him in six months with honesty.

Each of us must control our circumstances through action and through prayer so we can live in peace.

And we have to keep ourselves "without spot and blameless" ... again that comes by taking every fear and every concern to God in prayer and by doing that which we believe to be right in the sight of God.  This is a continual work.

Also important as we see the day of the return of Jesus approaching is following instruction:

Heb. 10 ... And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works: 25Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

Thus you see the increased exhortations we do in these writings to encourage each of us in the way of God and to illuminate the way of God in contrast to the way this present world is going.