Monday, April 29, 2013

Scripture: Shared by body of Christ

Isaiah 26:3-4 ... Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee. 4 Trust ye in the Lord for ever: for in the Lord Jehovah is everlasting strength:


Exhortation:  Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Jesus said ... Jn. 16:33 ... These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world. 

Jesus is THE WORD.  When we have a word from God concerning the matter at hand we have a very sure anchor and the gates of hell cannot prevail against that word from God.  As we think on that word given us by God and believe that word, we settle ourselves.

At the time I was a new Christian (1975), a man filed an unjust lawsuit against me.  I was terrified.  Each time the fear swept over me, the Holy Spirit would remind me of a scripture to comfort me and assure me.  (One of the names of the Holy Spirit is the Comforter  Jn. 14 & Jn. 16)


One scripture brought to my mind was Isaiah 54:17 ...No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD.


6 days before the trial was to begin, the man dropped all charges against me and also against the others cited by him in the suit.

But during the months between the filing of the suit and the dropping of the suit, when I didn't know what would happen, many fears came to me and with each fear God would remind me of a scripture to fight the fear.  I had about 17 scriptures given me during this time.  I recorded these on a cassette tape and played them all night as I slept and I thought on these scriptures continually during that 4 or 5 month period.  These were my peace and comfort during a very trying time.