Sunday, April 14, 2013

Glorifying God ... or yourself?

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Isaiah 49:3 ... And said unto me, Thou art my servant, O Israel, in whom I will be glorified.

When we hear from God and do what HE tells us to do, God is glorified.

When we do what we want to do, and when we speak of our own ideas, we glorify ourselves and our own egos.

One man could start a church group and glorify God.

Another man could start a church group and glorify his own self.

It all depends on whether or not God told you to do that work.

In 1980, in the night, a voice like a trumpet spoke 3 words to me causing me to awaken from sleep and jump out of bed.  I believe it was an angel of the Lord who spoke to me that night.  HE spoke three words, Hartford, Seattle, KWJS ... KWJS was a radio station.  I prayed and came to believe God was leading me to go on radio which I did do.

Did God author the work?  Or was this a work I wanted to do for God?  There is a vast difference.

I often receive materials from ministers telling me of their works.  Sometimes they will list many works which they intend to do or are doing.  (Usually they ask for money which I do not send.)  I see these long lists as works out of their own thinking.  And never once have any sending such told me of a word from God directing them to do these works.  They just say they want to do them.

Jesus said ... Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. 22Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23And then will I profess unto them,  I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.  Mt. 7