Thursday, April 4, 2013

God prepares the way for those who love Him

Pam Padgett ... teacher 

1 Corinthians 2:9-10 ... But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. 10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

While thinking about God revealing by His Spirit those things He has prepared for those who love Him, one of the things I thought of is how we are often shown things God has prepared for us as we follow the leading of the Holy Spirit, taking each step, obeying each word.  This is one way the Holy Spirit reveals what God has prepared to us. 

We may be shown how a step we were led of the Holy Spirit to take earlier prepared us, and everything needed, for what we have been instructed to do at the current time.  We sometimes are shown things about which we had no idea being in place, just as is needed for the way the Holy Spirit is leading us.  As we are led by the Holy Spirit, step by step, what God has prepared for us is often revealed.   


In setting up the blog and ads for the blog, I was reminded that God led me to work with computers over 25 years ago.  At the time I was bored with the work I had been doing and prayed, asking God if there was something that I could do that would be more interesting to me.  My boss at the time asked me to setup a PC in our work area and agreed to send me to two computer classes.  One class turned out to be for the computer programming language called "Basic", and the very first night of class I knew programming was what I would like to do.  I prayed about how to get a job in this field and was led in what classes to take and in how to get a job.  In all of this I was very thankful to God for leading me to working in an area I enjoyed so much ...  but it never entered into my mind or heart that it would one day be helpful in ministry work.

We have also marveled that the internet is in place, allowing the body of Christ throughout the world to share with each other things of God by the Spirit of God.  We never thought of using the internet like this until God gave Joan a dream showing her to start a blog and that the church could share in this way.  As we checked into setting up a blog, we found wonderful tools available to do this and that we could set it up totally free (although we pay for ads to make the blog more visible on the internet).  We were surprised and delighted when we saw that people from around the world were getting to the blog.  Today teaching materials as well as daily exhortations are available, free of charge to all, and members of the body of Christ anywhere in the world can share as led by the Spirit of God. 
Everything was in place and prepared as we simply followed each step in which the Holy Spirit led.  And now every day the body of Christ is able to exhort one another in an amazingly easy and wide-reaching way, far beyond anything we had ever thought ... But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin. (Hebrews 3:13)

Romans 11:33 O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out!