Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Baptism without repentance doesn't work

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

When I was 15-years-old, I went forth at church and was baptized.  There was no change at all in me nor in my life.

When I was 37-years-old, the Holy Spirit spoke to me in form of a thought saying, "Joan ... you know these mistakes you've been making all these years? ... Those weren't mistakes.  ... Those were sins."

I was shocked... and changed immediately ... This was the power of the Holy Spirit who convinces the world of sin.

Jesus said ... And when he (The Spirit of truth/the Holy Spirit) is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: Jn. 16:8


Recently I was reading Acts 2:38 ... Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

When I was baptized the first time, when I was fifteen, I didn't repent because I didn't recognize sin in me.  The Holy Spirit was not doing the work to convict me of sin.  Therefore I couldn't repent.  All I seemed to hear from preacher that night was to be baptized.  Since I didn't want to go to hell, I went forward and was baptized. There was no Holy Spirit involved.

But after the Holy Spirit spoke to me when I was thirty-seven, there was real change.  Then the second time I was baptized, when I was lowered into the water, the Holy Spirit said to me, in form of thought, "This is like being buried with Christ".  When I came out of the water, the Holy Spirit said to me, "This is like being raised with Christ."

I didn't know Romans 6 at that time but Romans 6 is what the Holy Spirit preached to me when I was baptized the second time.


Romans 6...Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?  4Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. 5For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection: