Wednesday, April 3, 2013

The Spirit of God in the NT Church

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

If you really belong to God, then you have the Spirit of God dwelling in you to lead you in ways of God as you deal with the specific issues of this present life.

You cannot follow God until you hear from God and in the NT Church we hear from God by HIS Spirit.

The Spirit of God often reminds me of a dream to show me what to do.

And often the Spirit of God will remind me of a scripture and when I look closely at that scripture then I know how to handle the issue of life that I am currently facing.

But always it is by the Spirit of God.

Jesus said:

It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life. Jn. 6:63

Jesus speaks to us today by HIS Spirit.

God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets, 2Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;  Heb. 1

But we are also warned:  Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God:  I Jn. 4

I try the spirits through prayer.  When I have an idea brought to me, often I will pray, asking God to confirm to me if that idea is from HIM by HIS Spirit.

Then you can measure the "wisdom" of the idea as follows:

But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.  James 3:17

But always, being led by God starts with hearing from God by HIS Spirit.

So what have you heard from HIS Spirit?  I often examine myself by asking myself when did I last hear from the Spirit of God and what did I hear?

Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves.  Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?  II Cor. 13