Saturday, April 13, 2013

When we have God's word on a matter, the way is prepared

Pam Padgett ... teacher

P
salm 33:8 Let all the earth fear the Lord: let all the inhabitants of the world stand in awe of him. 9 For he spake, and it was done; he commanded, and it stood fast.

When thinking about God speaking and it being done, I was reminded of times I have been faced with a matter and have turned to God, asking what I should do.  When God has spoken on the matter through the Holy Spirit and I started going that way, I found myself entering into what was done.  The way was prepared, and I simply entered in, following each step shown to me by the Holy Spirit.  And the solution stood fast, was sure in every way, even in areas I had not considered before. 

One example was when I was looking for a house to buy.  I had foolishly started out in my own wisdom and was very disappointed when a house I wanted to buy was purchased about an hour before I made an offer.  Then I turned strongly to God and asked Him to show me what to do.  After looking at some houses and continuing to pray, various things about one house kept being drawn to my attention.  I believe this was the Holy Spirit bringing what God had spoken for me in the matter.  I went back to look at this house again, and saw things I hadn't seen before.  It was even better than I initially saw.  I could afford to buy this house, and I learned that the house would be available by the time I needed to move.  I prayed about what offer to make.  Although other offers came in at the same time, my offer was accepted.  The sellers told me the conditions of my offer worked out best for them. 

From the time my attention was drawn to this house I believe by the Holy Spirit, it was as if the matter was done.  I simply entered into what was already prepared, led by the Holy Spirit step by step.  

Interestingly, I later learned about the first house I wanted to purchase.  The roof collapsed during heavy rains just a couple of months after it was sold.  And the neighborhood the house was in became involved in a legal battle a short time later.  The house I purchased had no problems like these, and I was so grateful to have been spared these things.   

When we are shown the way to go by the Holy Spirit, hearing what God speaks on the matter, the way is prepared for us so we are able go this way.  It is done.  If we find the way is blocked or not according to the wisdom from God (James 3:17), we need to stop and turn to God and allow the Holy Spirit to established us in God's way for us, the way that has been prepared for us. 

James 3:17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.