Sunday, April 28, 2013

Scripture: Shared by body of Christ

Ephesians 6:10-18 ... Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. 11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. 12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. 13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. 14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; 15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; 16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. 17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God: 18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

Exhortation:    Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet


When I was born again in 1975, I was going though some very severe problems.  A professor from Dallas Theological Seminary came to try to help me.  He said, "All you need to do is put on the whole armor of God."  I replied, "Fine ... how do I do that."  He said, "You just put on Jesus."  That made no sense at all to me.  I was not helped at all by this professor and I continued in suffering.  In a matter of weeks God took over and began teaching me by HIS Spirit and I was helped and sustained.

Many years later, God taught me what it means to put on the whole armor of God.

You dress yourself in the various parts of the armor:

  - truth from God
  - righteousness:  Doing that which is right in the sight of God
  - peace:  putting away personal achievements and strife and choose to focus on HIS kingdom knowing that this world is not my kingdom, thus not getting upset over this world and the things of this world as I once did.
  - faith:  Taking all problems and issues to God and letting HIM show me what to do and resting in that concerning the problems of this life.
  - salvation Knowing the Jesus paid for my sins, past and present and futher
  - the word of God:  holding fast to that which God speaks by HIS Spirit.  The gates of hell cannot stand against the word God gives us on the issue at hand.
  - praying over everything.

Every day, before we leave our houses, we dress in physical clothing.  We would not think of going out naked.

We must also learn to dress daily in spiritual clothing by focusing on the Word of God, putting on truth from God by HIS word so we can stand against the wiles of the devil.