Monday, April 22, 2013

God knows, even if no one else knows

Renee Bonfield ... evangelist

One time in the 1980's I was a new Christian. I went to the super market to buy some groceries. After paying my bill, I picked up a TV guide not intending to steal it, but walked out of the store without paying for it. 

As I was on my way home, about two blocks from the store, the thought kept coming to me that this is a big chain store, and they will never know or miss this money. Then I just couldn't continue going home. I had the feeling that this is like stealing and that I must go back to the store and pay for this. 

I went to the same checker and explained that I had left the store without paying for the TV guide and would like to pay for it now. The checker said "Oh that's Ok you don't have to pay for it." I said "Oh yes I do"  She said "Why, know one will know" I said "God will know, and He watches everything I do." Then she reluctantly took the money.