Saturday, April 27, 2013

The Lord's Supper

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

When I visited my favorite aunt, she took me to church with her.  They passed around crackers and grape juice in a very solemn way and called it "The Lord's Supper."  They had a table at the front of the room and printed on the table were the words "Do this in remembrance of ME."  The bowls of crackers and the glasses of grape juice sat on that table.

My aunt would break off a bit of cracker and put it in her mouth.  Then she would drink the grape juice from the small glass.  The other people in the room did the same.

After I was adult and attended church, I did what they did.  But I never felt right about doing this.  I never understood what it meant.  I never saw any relationship at all between Jesus and crackers and grape juice.

But I kept on doing this because they did it.

Years later God showed me the Lord's Supper is not eating crackers (wafers) and drinking grape juice (wine).

The Lord's supper is partaking of the Word of God..

I stopped eating crackers and stopped drinking grape juice and stopped calling this the "Lord's supper".

When you look at our Internet site you see a banquet served by God by His Spirit.  The Word of God is there all spread out like a huge feast.  Whosoever will can come to the table and fill his plate and eat the Word of God.

This is the true "Lord's Supper."   There is power in this supper to give life to those who partake for it is the real body of Jesus and the real blood of Jesus and the life of Jesus by the Spirit of God by the Word of God.  But the power is in the doing of the word of God given by the Spirit of God.  This is the eating of the word.  When we eat the word, there is an action involved.  You can read the word and it can seem important but unless you apply the word in an appropriate way to your own life on this earth it will avail you nothing.

Here is an example:

Paul said:  Phil. 2 ... Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: 6Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: 7But made himself of no reputation,  

After you read this word, what do you do with it?

Do you go on with your life trying to excel over others and trying to be of high reputation?  Do you dress and try to make yourself important in the eyes of other humans?

Or do you purpose to go forward doing nothing more to make yourself important in sight of other humans?

The way you apply the word to your life is the power.

I Cor. 14:20 ... For the kingdom of God is not in word, but in power.