Sunday, April 28, 2013

Man with financial problems

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

A man sent me an email yesterday telling me he had financial problems and needed prayer.

I responded as follows to this man:

============

Prayer will not help you, strange as this sounds.

Problems with finances have to do with many other things.

First, your entire life has to be set around this scripture:  "Having food and raiment let us therewith be content." 

I Tim. 6...But godliness with contentment is great gain. 7For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out. 8And having food and raiment let us be therewith content. 9But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition. 10For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.
I assume you are in debt.
This would require you to buy necessary food but resist spending money for unnecessary items and use all money that you earn to pay toward the debt.
Once you get out of debt ... stay out of debt.

Learn to live within your means. 

There have been a few times that I was in debt.  When that was the case I wouldn't even purchase a 50 cent cup of coffee since it was not necessary.  I just used even that 50 cents to put toward paying the debt.  And eventually the debt was paid and my life was reconstructed. By focusing on the needed food and eliminating that food which I did not need and by living within my means my life after debt changed.