Friday, September 18, 2015

World complains ... we rejoice in God

Sandy Kern ... Member of body of Christ

Many people around us complain about various things. I thought of this scripture - This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.  (Psalm 118:24) Even when our day might start out a little rough we know we can ask for help from the Lord and know He will help us with whatever we need.


Comments by Joan Boney 

When we belong to God, we are new creatures ... old things are passed away ... all things become new.

 2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

As we go along in Christ, we learn the following truth:

My kingdom is not of this world ... Jn. 18 

This present world will never be righteousness ...

Therefore like those people of God before us, we look for new heaven and new earth wherein dwelleth righteousness

2 Peter 3:13 Nevertheless we, according to His promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

We cannot make this present earth righteousness.  What we do is serve God while we are on this earth, speaking HIS will as HE wills ... saving ourselves and those who hear us by HIS Word.  Living in peace in so much as we can.  Doing HIS truth by His Word by HIS Spirit daily.  Refusing to take thought of tomorrow, as Jesus said in Mt. 6.  Learning to be content with food and raiment. I Tim. 6

This week, I was exiting Walmart in a riding cart, heading to my car.  I saw a woman with a cane and I asked her if she needed the cart.  She said she did.  As I unloaded my items from the cart she waited and as she waited she began speaking, She said, "It's hard when you can't walk."  She was in approximately the same physical condition that I am in.  I can walk with cane and sometimes without cane..  But the difference between us is God.  

I told her we need to be grateful that we can walk at all.  

After my accident in 2010, it seemed impossible to think I would ever walk again until God gave a dream to a man in our little church group.  In that dream, I was walking, even without a cane.

I'm grateful that I can walk.  I am grateful I can drive my car and get my groceries.  I'm grateful the stores have electric carts for us to ride to shop.  I'm grateful for handicap sticker to use on parking lot.  I'm much better off than I ever thought I would be. 

I don't feel any sorrow over the pain that is still with me.  I just deal with the pain with Aleve and heating pad and "Freeze it" roll on.  Most of the time it is manageable.

Sometimes I am annoyed over the complainers until I recall that before I was born again, I was even worse than they are ... but God had mercy on me by HIS grace, certainly not because I deserved mercy.  So when I remember that, I try to have mercy on them also.