Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Protected by God

Cathy Varner … Member of Body of Christ

One time I was walking to my clothesline with a bushel of washed clothes to hang on the line.  Many times I'm not paying much attention to where I'm walking, but this time I happened to see a mound of bees on the ground that I was able to walk around and avoid stepping into.  I was very grateful to have seen this.  I'm very afraid of stinging insects, though God has protected me for many years from getting stung.  I told my husband about this and he put gasoline on them and burned them.  Then later that day, I was walking back to the house with the bushel of now dry clothes.  Not paying attention to the ground where I was walking, I stepped right on the place where those bees had been.  Now they were dead and it was just sort of slimy there.  But this really brought to light how easy it would have been for me to have stepped there earlier had not God brought my attention to it.

 -----------

Joan Boney

Cathy's story reminds me of something that happened to me recently ...

The momma cat that moved into my back yard is very wild and even vicious.

But I still feed her and her three kittens although I don't go out into that area if she is visible.

I had picked up their food bowl to fill it and as I was heading back to the yard I was praying, "God protect me."

The momma who had not been visible was sitting there at the back door.  I carefully slid her food out as she hissed at me.

I was protected.