Friday, September 25, 2015

Faithfulness

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

On August 8, 2015, a momma cat and her 3 kittens moved into my back courtyard.  They were all wild.  I called to see if a "non-kill" animal service could help me.  I called several services but could get no help.  The city animal control would set up traps for them and kill them.  I didn't want to do that.  The momma cat was not only wild, she was frightening to me, trying to attack me.

Finally I decided they could live in my back yard.  It has an 8 ft. cinder block fence and they would be very protected.  I began feeding them.  I bought dog food bowls and daily filled the food bowl with dry cat food and the water bowl I filled daily with fresh water.  (It was very hot weather when they came to my yard.)  Then I began giving them a can of meat cat food in the morning.  And then I began giving them another can of meat cat food at night.

Knowing winter will be coming soon, I decided to get a dog house for them to have protection in the cold weather.  I got contractor who was working on the property to assemble the dog house.  He even put a smaller door on front so weather wouldn't come into the house.  I put an old bath mat on floor and had planned to put an old blanket in the house in winter.

God said to me:  "You take care of them the way I take care of you."

=========== 

Then a surprise happened.  On Monday, September 21, all 4 cats were gone.  I looked for them all day long ... no cats.

That night, they returned.  I fed them as usual.

The next morning, all 4 cats were gone again.  They stayed away all day.  When it got dark they returned.  Again I fed them.  The 3rd morning, they were gone again.

I thought of how these cats have everything they need here on this property yet they choose to leave ...

It is the way some people choose to depart from God's provision.  God provides all we need.  Yet some leave.

Then as I thought on this, the following hymn came into my heart ...

Great is Thy faithfulness.  O God my Father.
There is no shadow of turning with Thee.

Thou changest not, Thy compassions they fail not,
As Thou hast been Thou forever wilt be.

....................................................................................

Great is Thy faithfulness.  Great is Thy faithfulness.
Morning by morning new mercies I see.

All I have needed Thy hand hath provided.
Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me.

.....................................................................................

Summer and winter, springtime and harvest,
sun, moon, and stars in their courses above,
join with all nature in manifold witness,
to Thy great faithfulness, mercy and love.

Pardon for sin and a peace that endureth.
Thy own dear presence to cheer and to guide.

Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow,
Blessings all mine, with ten thousand beside.