Thursday, September 17, 2015

Heart changed when prayed about moving to new location

Pam Padgett - teacher

Recently I was reminded of how I came to move to where I live now.  This was not a move I wanted to make at first.  But I believe I was led by God to make this move and my heart was changed so there was great joy about the move. 

I had been living in the central part of Colorado Springs in a house and location I liked very much.  And it was an easy drive to work of approximately 15 minutes. 

But then it was announced that our office was moving several miles north to a new building being built.  Even after hearing this, it didn't occur to me that I might need to move. 

Then one day as I was walking to my car after work, a thought came that I should look for a house closer to where the new office was being built.  As I drove home I prayed asking God if this thought could possibly be from Him, if it was His will for me to do this.  When I got home there was a phone message from Joan.  She and Barbara had been talking and my upcoming longer commute had come up.  They both felt I should consider moving closer to where the new office would be. 

Having never before that day even thought of moving, I was a little stunned and didn't think this is something I wanted to do.

As I continued praying (sincerely wanting to do what God wanted me to do) I believed I should drive to the area where the new office was being built.  The next day was Saturday, and that morning I followed the directions we'd been given at work to the building site.

To my surprise, the new building was being built in an area I had been to a few years before and really liked.  As I drove around, I found myself actually happy about the possibility of moving to this area. 

By the time I got home, my heart had been completely changed.   I was very willing to leave where I lived at that time and was eager to move to the new area.  And to do what would be involved in such a move no longer seemed overwhelming. 

That afternoon I started getting my house ready to be put on the market for sale.  I also contacted a realtor and made an appointment for the realtor to come look at the house and discuss listing it.  The following Monday I met with the realtors who said the house was in very good shape and ready to be put on the market immediately.  The house sold very quickly, and I was able to find a house in the new area. 

The new office building wasn't completed before I moved to my new house, so for two months I drove back into Colorado Springs each day to the old office building.  A big, multi-year highway construction project was just beginning, and for the last couple weeks I had to navigate through this construction.  It was very difficult and stressful for me.  I realized that if I hadn't moved, I would have had to drive through this construction for the next few years, and was especially grateful to have moved. 

In every way, moving to the new house near the new office building was better and easier for me. 

It filled me with gratitude to God as I reviewed these things and how God knows what lies ahead for us, what is best for us, and is able to get our attention and lead us in what to do. 

Psalm 23:1 The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.