Sunday, September 27, 2015

Holidays are coming: Where do you stand?

Romans 14 ... 5 One man esteemeth one day above another:another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.

Sundays
Thanksgiving
Christmas
New Year's Day

"let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind"

To me this means, you decide what you want to do ... what you believe.

For me, every day is alike ... I am grateful to God every day ... I thank God every day ... so this is the way I choose to live by faith.

I am fully persuaded for myself.

I do not think it wise to look down on those who choose another way in these matters spoken by Paul

It is up to us to work out our own salvation in fear and trembling.

Please read Romans 14 and give careful consideration to this.

Work to live in peace but of course we do not compromise what we fully believe.

Though I enjoy seeing the Christmas lights, I would not choose to participate.

I would not choose to give gifts ...God gave us the greatest gifts, salvation through Christ, and the Holy Spirit to teach us and guide us, and the ministry (apostle/prophet/evangelist/pastor/teacher) to help us on this earth,

And I celebrate Christ daily ... looking at HIS Word daily and choosing to go that way while living on this earth.  So Christmas day is not a "special" day to me for I live this way all the time, celebrating Christ, The Word.

But this is my persuasion and I am fully persuaded for myself by faith.

And that is what each of us must do.

Concerning food ... our bodies tell us what we can eat and what we cannot eat.  Again, each of us must be fully persuaded.