Monday, September 21, 2015

Misusing scripture



Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

In the 1970's, I was in a prayer group.  One woman, the leader of that group, said:  "God is no respecter of persons.  If HE will show Joan Boney that, HE will show me."

However she misused scripture and failed to "rightly divide" the word of God.

I Cor. 12 ... 8For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom;  to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit; 9 To another faith by the same Spirit;  to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit; 10 To another the working of miracles;  to another prophecy;  to another discerning of spirits;  to another divers kinds of tongues;  to another the interpretation of tongues: 

11But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as HE will.


It is not by my will that I do what I do in the body of Christ.  Nor is it by this woman's will that she does what she does.  It is by God's will.

I Cor. 12 ... 18But now hath God set the members every one of them in the body, as it hath pleased HIM.


Concerning the statement that God is no respecter of persons ... Acts 10 ... 34Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons: 35But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.


This has nothing to do with the work to which we are called by God ... We are not all given the same gifts .. The gifts of the Holy Spirit for the church are given to individuals within the church ... to one is given the word of wisdom, to another word of knowledge, to another prophesy ...
These are given to individuals by the will of God ... And we do not all have the same gifts ... so we might not have the spiritual gifts of the pastor or teacher but we might have another spiritual gift.
 
But concerning the calling of God and the working of the various gifts of the Holy Spirit God does as HE wills and to "one" will be given the gift of exhortation (which I have been given by God) ... to another will be given the word of wisdom ...

I Cor. 12 ... 27Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular. 28And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.  29Are all apostles? are all prophets? are all teachers? are all workers of miracles?  30Have all the gifts of healing? do all speak with tongues? do all interpret?


Some of the members of the body of Christ are set in the church to care for the church as apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors, teachers (Eph. 4) ...  not all are apostles said Paul ... not all are prophets said Paul ...

Some are ...

 ==========

After I was put on radio in 1980 by the word given to me in the night by what I believe to have been an angel of the Lord speaking to me with the call letters to a radio station (KWJS) ... I asked God, "Are You telling me to go on radio?"  Within a week I was on radio 5 days a week on KWJS. 

A woman at the church I was attending at that time came to me and said:  "I want to do what you're doing."

I replied:  "You do?"

It shocked me.  All I was doing was obeying God.  It never occurred to me that anyone would want to be a minister.

The callings of God are not by our choice.  God does as HE wills.  We simply work where we are placed by God.  That is all that will work.


I know WHOM I have believed ... making all the difference


I know WHOM I have believed.  It really makes no difference to me if you tell me you believe I am of God or if you tell me it is not possible that I could be an "apostle/prophet", for God established me in these things and I know WHOM I have believed and this makes all the difference.

Each of us need to be firmly established by God and not by man.

I've had many strong things from God ... After I was born again, I was asleep in the night and I was "transported" into heaven.  I was with God and Christ and the Holy Spirit.  At that time I was merged into the body of Jesus (made one with the word of God) while God and the Holy Spirit witnessed.  (Similar to the experience cited in II Cor. 12)

A few days later, the exact same thing happened again to me ...   I was asleep in the night and I was "transported" into heaven.  I was with God and Christ and the Holy Spirit.  At that time I was merged into the body of Jesus (made one with the word of God) while God and the Holy Spirit witnessed.

I was on fire for things of God.  I owned a business at the time but my business no longer mattered to me.  All I cared about was Bible and things of God. 

God began showing me what I was to do through scripture and dreams.  I just paid attention to what I heard.  At that time I still didn't know exactly what I would be doing nor did I know I was called to be a minister.  (I thought maybe I would marry a minister which is what I wanted to do.)

Then one day, in prophecy, God said to me:  "I have called you and set you into the body of Christ as an apostle."  

I was shocked.  An apostle?  What's an apostle?  What does an apostle do?

I told no one about this at that time, but I did ask my Sunday school teacher what an apostle does.  He didn't know.  Then I asked him who are apostles today, for our church group professed to believe there are apostles today.  He didn't know.

So I had no one to tell me these answers so I turned to God and HE taught me.   

(If you want to know more about this read:  "Booklet #5: The New Testament Church"

Along the next 3 years, more than one person (including my pastor) said I am a prophet.  I knew this was truth because God was teaching me the office of prophet and what to do by examples in Bible.

==========

Then in the night in approximately 1980, what I believe to have been the voice of an angel of the Lord spoke 3 words to me as I was sleeping.  "Hartford, Seattle, KWJS" ... (The voice was very loud, like a trumpet.)

KWJS was obviously call letters to either radio or TV.  I looked it up and found it to be radio.  

I asked God, "Are You telling me to go on radio?  I wouldn't know how to do that."  

Immediately I heard the voice of the Holy Spirit inside me saying:  "Call the radio station manager."  Which I did at once.  And within a week I was on radio KWJS 5 days a week.

God kept teaching me what it meant to be an apostle/prophet in the NT church and I just did what I saw to do. 

So you see, I have been established by God and I really am not effected by what man says about me whether it be right or wrong.  I simply know WHOM I have believed.  And that "WHOM" is God.

But the work I do shows the work of apostle and the work of prophets.  The writings show these offices by the content.

I just keep on doing the work.

Basically NT apostles deal with scripture and Biblical doctrines in the church.  Men come into the churches and bring teachings which are contrary to scripture, often in order to please the people.

For example:  

Mt. 5 ... Jesus says ...  32 But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery:and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery.

- The man who divorces a faithful wife will be the cause of her adultery if she remarries another man.

- The divorced woman will commit adultery if she remarries after divorce.

- The man who marries a divorced woman commits adultery.

Today most churches have eliminated these teachings of Jesus in the NT church.  But NT apostles will not eliminate these teachings and a NT apostle will uphold doctrine from the Bible.  This is a primary role of the apostle in the NT church today.

Acts 20 ... Paul said ...   29 For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock. 30 Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them. 31 Therefore watch, and remember, that by the space of three years I ceased not to warn every one night and day with tears.  

In the end times, before the coming of Jesus, there comes "a falling away" ... II Thess. 2 

This falling away is not people leaving churches.  Rather the falling away is churches falling away from scripture to set up another doctrine which will please men at church.  This is the anti-christ in the church ... It is all around us today as churches have departed from doctrines of Bible and have set up another "gospel" to please and attract men to themselves.

To say the man who marries a divorced woman commits adultery will not attract crowds to your church.  So another gospel (doctrine) is set up which says "God loves you and wants you to be happy ... of course you can marry that divorced woman."  (Crowds will flock to your church when you speak that.)

This is the falling away spoken of in II Thess. 2.

It must happen before Jesus returns and it is happening all over ... Churches approve sex outside of marriage as they greet couples who are openly living as husband/wife without being married.  Churches permit men to marry divorced woman and even set up singles classes to allow these men to meet the divorced woman ... Many churches today welcome homosexuals and say nothing is wrong with these acts, while the Bible calls such "vile affections" ... Romans 1

All this is the falling away of churches from the doctrine of the Bible and precedes the destruction before the second coming of Jesus.  

It is the judgment that is coming on the whole world and the wickedness is not just in the world but have come into church groups today ... the falling away from doctrine of the Bible.

II Thess. 2 ... 1 Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him, 2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand. 3 Let no man deceive you by any means:for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; 4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.
5 Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things? 6 And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time. 7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work:only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way. 8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders, 10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.