Thursday, September 10, 2015

A simple solution: Helped by God

Cathy Varner 

I used to buy a can of lard, mostly just using it for greasing the inside of pans when baking.  Since I didn't use it that much I was finding lard would go stale before I used it up, even when I bought the smallest can I could find.  I began trying to use different things like margarine or cooking oil to grease pans, but these didn't work very well and the thing I baked would stick and not come out very easily.  One day I was thinking about this and wondering if there was anything else I could use to grease pans that would work.  Right away I had a thought of spray can of cooking oil.  I believe this was from the Holy Spirit.  I usually have a can of that on hand for other things, and some recipes even tell you to use this.  I had preferred to use something else before, but the next time I made some banana bread I used the spray oil and the bread came out of the pan so smoothly and easily.  I was reminded of this when I read what Pam wrote about the easy solution God gave her for keeping her dogs quiet in the crates.

==========

Comments by Joan Boney

4 things the Holy Spirit does for us:

Jn. 14 ...  26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you. 

Jn. 16 ... 13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth:for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak:and he will shew you things to come.

I've always believed God helps us with all things and not just with spiritual things.  

James 1 ...  5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.