Saturday, March 1, 2014

Romans 8:37-39...Scripture: Shared by body of Christ

Romans 8: 37-39 ... Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. 38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, 39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Exhortation:  Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet


Paul was beaten with many stripes and went through many sufferings.  Yet Paul knew he was "more than conqueror" through the Word, through Jesus, through God.

When God revealed to Ananias (Acts 9), God said this concerning Paul ... Go thy way: for he (Paul) is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel: 16For I will shew him how great things he must suffer for my name’s sake.

And Paul said: Phil. 3 ... Though I might also have confidence in the flesh. If any other man thinketh that he hath whereof he might trust in the flesh, I more: 5Circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee; 6Concerning zeal, persecuting the church; touching the righteousness which is in the law,  blameless. 7But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ. 8Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,
9And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith: 10That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death; 



Paul knew his assignment would cause suffering but Paul considered the sufferings to be much less than the glory that would be revealed through us ... Romans 8:18 ... For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.

Like Jesus, Paul endured the sufferings so the glory of God could be revealed through him.  And Paul counted all personal loss as "dung" that he might win Christ and be found in HIM, not having his own righteous but the righteousness through Christ.