Monday, March 17, 2014

I Cor. 15:58...Scripture: Shared by body of Christ

1 Corinthians 15:58 ... Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.

Exhortation:  Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet


The people of the world operate by the praise of men.  Therefore they are controlled by men.

We, who are of God, are moved by the Spirit of God and the will of God.  We desire to please God.  Therefore we do not focus on praise of other humans.  We focus on doing the will of God while we are on this present earth.  We are motivated by that.

We just go about doing that which we believe God has told us to do and keep doing it even when the results do not seem to be working.  If we believe God has told us to do something, it will accomplish that which God wills.  It may not be exactly as we will.  But we serve God so we just keep doing it when we are convinced it was God who showed us.  And if we begin to grow weary we just ask God to help us.

The devil tries to tell me things aren't working and I should quit trying.

But then I see this: 
your labour is not in vain in the Lord.  I Cor. 15  ... and I choose to believe I Cor. 15 and ignore contrary thoughts and go on with what I believe God has told me to do.

Recently Renee Bonfield (an evangelist) shared the following scripture with us ... Mt. 18:20 ... Jesus says ...where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them. 


It doesn't take a bunch of people to do the work of God as the church.  Even if we have two or three communicating with us, that is the church. 


One assignment given me by God is to exhort the church on this blog, on Internet.  The above information of Mt. 18:20 encourages me to continue in my assignment.

And we must keep ourselves in a condition to serve God.  If we get too self-absorbed we might not care enough about anything else to really be on hand to serve God when the issue surfaces.