Monday, March 17, 2014

Observing lying vanities / forsaking own mercies

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Jonah 2:8 ... They that observe lying vanities forsake their own mercy. 

Recently a woman in our church group contacted me and told me she was sorry she offended me the last time we talked.

But she hadn't offended me.  She went on to explain the offense and I had no idea what she was talking about so I just sort of skipped over those paragraphs in her email.

She said she was contacting me because of the following scripture

Mt. 5 ... if thou bring thy gift to the altar, and there rememberest that thy brother hath ought against thee; 24Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift

But it was all wrong for she hadn't offended me.  I didn't have anything against her.

What she had done is observe lying vanities.  She observed thoughts that were not true.  These thoughts were sent to her by the devil, by another spirit.

She grieved for about 2 weeks because of what she had done ... the offense which was not real.  She was tormented needlessly.

God brings thoughts of truth to us.  The devil brings thoughts to our minds which are lies.

It is up to us to "try the spirits" to see if that spirit is from God.  Spirits carry thoughts to our mind.  Condemning thoughts are so often from the devil and are lies.

The first part of the armor of God listed in Eph. 6 is having your loins girt about with truth.

God gives us a stable mind.  The devil torments us.

The only safe way that I know of to sort though tormenting thoughts is to turn to God, asking HIM to show truth.  And then wait until you are fully persuaded you know the truth.

Another way to sort through such thoughts is to consider the thought ... Can this really be truth?  I am a member of the body of Christ.  Would I really take up an offense against another member of the body of Christ without talking to that person about the issue if I had been "offended"?    The world might be offended but the body of Christ would deal directly if there was an offense.


Paul told us we are not unaware of the devices of the devil.  Certainly devils would want to turn you against me whenever possible because I am one of the carriers of the word of God.
When dealing with others who have the Holy Spirit we work diligently to do the following:

Eph. 4 ... Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. 4There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; 5One Lord, one faith, one baptism, 6One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

In the end times, devils will fiercely unleash thoughts to try to stop the work of the Spirit of God.

We are aware of this and try to deal even more rationally, with truth.