Sunday, March 2, 2014

Phil. 4:13 ...Scripture: Shared by body of Christ

Philippians 4:13 ... I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

Exhortation:  Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet


Christ is THE WORD ... The word comes through scripture, through dreams, through the Holy Spirit speaking by thoughts directly to our minds, through other humans who may carry the word of God to us ... It doesn't matter how the word comes, it is the word which strengthens me and enables me to go forward according to the will of God.

My mother lived to be 97 years old.  Up until the last month she lived with me.  The last month of her life I put her into an old folks home.  It seemed to be a good facility, yet I grieved that I had done this.  I often wondered why I did this.  I had kept her in the house with me for 18 1/2 years so why would I have done this?  How could I have done this, I often wondered.

Recently I was reminded of two words:  "Fire department" ... Then I remembered before I moved my mother to the old folks home, she had gotten down and I couldn't get her up and I called the fire department twice in one day.  I believe they told me I couldn't keep calling them for this help.  I had no other human to help me.  I think this is the reason I put her in the old folks home.

Being reminded of "fire department" helped me.  I believe this was the Holy Spirit reminding me of this so I could be helped.

My mother broke her hip when she was about 94 years old.  She continued living with me after that.  But I had a dream that the next time she fell she would die.  After that dream I really watched her to see that she not fall.  She continued to live with me for the next 3 years.  Then she fell in the night.  I heard her beating on the wall to signal me from her bedroom.  I knew that meant the end of her life.  And I accepted that.  There is a time to live and a time to die.  Eccl. 3  

In all afflictions of this life we are comforted by the Word of God and we are strengthened by the word of God.

And when we meditate in the word of God we are enabled to do the word of God.

Psa. 1 ... Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.  2But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. 3And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.

Josh. 1:8 ... This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.