Friday, March 14, 2014

I Cor. 9:24-27...Scripture: Shared by body of Christ

1 Corinthians 9:24-27 ... Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain. 25 And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible. 26I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air: 27But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

Exhortation:  Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

When we enter a race, it is critical to keep the body (and mind) under control.  To receive the "prize" we have to be diligent daily.  We have to "train".  We bring body and mind under subjection and we focus on the race.  We would have to eat certain foods and abstain from other foods.  We would have to be careful about that which we took into our bodies.

They train for a corruptible crown but we for an incorruptible.

An athlete cannot half-heartedly go about getting ready for the race.  And neither can we.  And we work toward an eternal prize!