Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Abraham's faith in God

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Abraham is cited as the example of faith for us.  God spoke to Abraham.  Abraham believed it was God and believed what God said.  And as a result Abraham did what he heard to do.  This is faith.

Gen. 12 ... Now the LORD had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father’s house, unto a land that I will shew thee: 2And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing: 3And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.
4So Abram departed, as the LORD had spoken unto him;


Abraham went out without knowing where he was going.

Heb. 11 ... By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.

For several years after moving to Lubbock, I played bridge at the duplicate bridge center.  Almost every person at the bridge center identified himself (herself) as Christian.  Most attended a Christian type church.  Yet there was constant strife and hatred displayed.  I really wanted to quit.  My partner at the time said, "It would be fine to quit if you had something you wanted to go to ... something else to do."  I thought how opposite this is to faith.  Faith goes out because God tells you to do so or because you cannot stand the evil in that place.

I Thess 5:22 ... Abstain from all appearance of evil. 

And certainly if you find the evil in the place is causing you to do or to say evil or to act in anger or strife, you might need to leave.

Paul said ... I Cor. 15 ... Be not deceived: evil communications corrupt good manners. 34Awake to righteousness, and sin not; for some have not the knowledge of God.


Finally I did leave the bridge center.  I found myself provoked to acting in a way I did not want to act and I said I would leave and I did leave.  I had no where to go.  I just stayed home.  After 7 months, I had a dream and as a result of that dream we began the internet blog and begin writing these exhortations to the church.

Faith doesn't always have a place to go before going.  Sometimes it is just fleeing from the evil.