Monday, March 17, 2014

What really is the church?

Renee Bonfield ... evangelist 

I have a home health aid who comes to me every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Next Tuesday is our son James' birthday. I wanted his group home to make him a birthday party on Sunday which they will do. I asked my aid if she could stay with my husband Sunday, as I cannot leave him alone any more.  At first she wasn't sure because she said she goes to church on Sunday, but then she agreed. Now I can visit James for his birthday. 

This morning as I awoke, I thought about church. I was talking to God and asking him what really is the church. I said I know that the real church is made up of believers. Then the following scripture came to me:

Mt. 18:20 For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there I am in the midst of them.