Friday, March 14, 2014

Leaving a church group

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet


During various periods, I have attended church groups seeking a group that I could attend on a regular basis.  Without exception I have found them teaching doctrine which is incorrect, misusing the Bible, failing to bring correction to the congregation.

If you attend a church where you know things are against the scripture what do you do?

What I have done when I see this is to go to the pastor, the preacher who taught the incorrect doctrine, and talk with him.  I have done this many times.

There are preachers who make up things and add those things to the Bible.  I have found this multiple times.  Here are two examples.

At a non-denominational church, the pastor was teaching about Sarah and Hagar (Gen. 21).  This pastor said, "Hagar was the 1/2 sister of Sarah."  I was shocked.  I had never read this in Bible.  The next day I called this pastor and told him I visited his church and asked him where in Bible is says Hagar is 1/2 sister of Sarah.  (I spoke to pastor in respectful way when I made this phone call, just allowing him to give me Bible information.)  He became angry and basically asked me who I was to question him.  Finally he said it was not in Bible.  But he showed no shame at all for teaching something not in Bible.  I never went back to that church.

At another non-denominational church, on a Wednesday night service, the pastor was teaching Jn. 8 about the woman taken in adultery.  He said, "And when this woman was brought before Jesus she was naked from the waste up."  I was terribly shocked.  I grabbed my Bible and turned to Jn. 8 and read the passage again.  (There were about 200 people in that service and I didn't see anyone else take up a Bible and check what was being said by this pastor.)  The next morning, I called this pastor. I told him I'd never seen what he said in Bible and I asked him where that was in Bible.  He said he just couldn't recall where it was.  I told him it was very important to me to know and I asked him to please look it up and have his secretary call me and tell me where it was.  He became very angry and he yelled into phone, "All right, it's not in Bible ... where do you go to church (trying to accuse me)".  At that service, there was a man I was acquainted with and he was an elder at that church.  I called and spoke to him about that teaching. He was in attendance that Wednesday evening.  Later I saw him at another church.  He told me he has left that church because they permitted a homosexual to be choir director.

I never found a group I could attend although I tried many times.  There was always uncorrected sin or incorrect doctrine over which they permitted no correction into the church.

We have our own church group through these writings.

If the church you are attending passes grape juice and crackers and calls this "The Lord's Supper", you need to read the writing: "What is the Lord's supper" ...

If the church you are attended permits and even encourages divorced women to remarry, you really need to read the writing:  "Divorce/remarriage ... What the Bible teaches "

(Please read yesterday's writing entitled:  When church doctrines are not scriptural)