Saturday, March 15, 2014

God's mercy

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Recently I shared with you the story of the woman in our little church group, who had admitted to committing adultery when she was married to her first husband and getting pregnant and having abortion.  I was devastated.  This is a woman who has attended church all her life and would have known these were sins against God and against the Word of God.

I sent a letter to last Saturday her cutting her out of our little church group.

I told her if God forgave her for this certainly I would forgive her.  And if God accepts her, I accept her.

Last night, I believe God showed me to forgive her and restore her to our group.

Here is email I sent to our church group.

===================


I was shown in the night that I could take Sandra back.

I asked God to confirm this and I was given the following scripture:

II Cor. 2 ... Sufficient to such a man is this punishment, which was inflicted of many.  7So that contrariwise ye ought rather to forgive him, and comfort him, lest perhaps such a one should be swallowed up with overmuch sorrow. 8Wherefore I beseech you that ye would confirm your love toward him.

v. 11... Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices. 

I will contact her this morning.

I'm not too surprised ... When she was being cut off, I was reminded of the faith of Abraham and how Abraham had strength to kill Isaac because he knew God could raise Isaac from the dead.  I knew God could do the same thing with Sandra.  He could raise her from the dead if HE wanted to do so.  So it gave me strength to write the sharp rebuke and mail it to her, cutting her off last Saturday.

Heb. 11...By faith Abraham, when he was tried, offered up Isaac: and he that had received the promises offered up his only begotten son, 18Of whom it was said, That in Isaac shall thy seed be called:  19Accounting that God was able to raise him up, even from the dead; from whence also he received him in a figure.

================================

I did speak by phone with Sandra.

She said during this week of grieving, she realized she had been blaming other people for the sin she committed years ago.

I knew there had to be something wrong in the way she dealt with her sins in sight of God otherwise she would have been forgiven at the time of the sin. 

She said now she knows that all that matters is having the Holy Spirit and the Word and clinging to the Word and God.

She said she knows she is now different as a result of this week of correction.  She said she knows she will never again be that old person that she has been.

And I believe she told me during this grief she was reminded of godly sorrow brings you to repentance ...

Paul said ... II Cor. 7 ... for I perceive that the same epistle hath made you sorry,  though it were but for a season. 9Now I rejoice, not that ye were made sorry, but that ye sorrowed to repentance: for ye were made sorry after a godly manner, that ye might receive damage by us in nothing.  10For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death.