Sunday, March 9, 2014

Psa. 145:18...Scripture: Shared by body of Christ

Psalm 145:18 ... The Lord is nigh unto all them that call upon him, to all that call upon him in truth.

Exhortation:  Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet


There are "deceptive" prayers where a person half-way prays, tossing some words into the air ... nothing settled at all.

James 5 ... The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much. 17Elias was a man subject to like passions as we are, and he prayed earnestly that it might not rain: and it rained not on the earth by the space of three years and six months.   18And he prayed again, and the heaven gave rain, and the earth brought forth her fruit.


Effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man ...

First a righteous man doesn't pray by rote,   Neither does a righteous man pray just become someone asks him to pray or because he thinks he must pray because of some sort of duty or to please some human.

A few months ago a man came to me and asked me to pray that he would get a certain job.  I explained to him that I could not do that because I didn't know the will of God in the matter.  I told him I would pray for the will of God to be done.  (I prayed for the will of God to be done and so far as I know the man did not get the job)

A righteous person prays according to the will of God and when he doesn't know the will of God he won't pray.  I had no idea if that man should get that job.  It might have been the worst possible thing for him.

Effectual means praying in proper way, according to will of God, ... a legal request ...

Fervent ... means "red hot" ... A prayer deeply within your heart ... not just cold, rote words because someone asked you to pray.

You have to really feel your prayer deep within your heart.

You can't pray "by command", just because someone says, "pray for me" ... It does no good to pray "head prayers" ...