Friday, March 21, 2014

Having faith to pray

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Heb. 11: 6 ... But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.


This means before we pray we have to have faith that God will help us.  We also have to believe that God will hear us.

My faith is always so strengthened when I read the examples in the Bible ... God making a way for HIS people to get out of Egypt ... God destroying the enemies in the Red Sea ... Daniel in the lion's den ... Jesus helping the people in the examples of Matthew, Mark, Luke, John ... all these examples build our faith in God.

And when we do have a problem, often we want to resolve that problem before we have heard from God.  Devils push us to take care of the problem immediately.  Instead we must learn to wait until God instructs us concerning that problem.  Often devils will try to make us do something and devils will try over and over to make us write that letter or make that phone call.  And when we do this it is disaster.  Straighten it out with God first and learn to wait.

Spirits not of God bring thoughts to us which disturb us needlessly.  A few minutes ago, I had such a thought.  I turned to God and said:  "That troubling thought can't be from you.  Please help me."  

We must be able to recognize thoughts that are from a wrong spirit.  Jn. 10

There was a time when a business overcharged me without doing the work.  This was very difficult for me to get over.  It took weeks of prayers before disturbing thoughts finally quit.  Now I never think of them.

All I know to do when troubling thoughts come is to turn to God in prayer at the time the thought comes.