Thursday, March 20, 2014

Glorify God

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

So often Christians go out and "look" for a need so they can do something they consider to be a good work thinking it to be of God.

Sometimes people try to "repay" people by giving various gifts which are often not needed by the person.

These people are consumed of themselves and their needless works will burn in the fire.

Usually they are just trying to impress a human and/or doing works that humans have taught them to do.

===========

We, who are of God, serve God.  And when there is a real need which we are able to provide we do that.  This is the type of provision that is from God and not from us.

The real works of God fulfill a real need.

And if someone provides a need for us, we (who are of God) thank God for meeting that need knowing that it was God who called that person to our attention to help us in time of need.  God can repay the person better than we can.  So we ask God to bless that person who helps us when we have a need and we rejoice in God's provision.

I Sam. 17 ... David saw a real need.  Goliath was threatening the armies of God.  David said he would take care of the problem.  Is there not a cause? said David.  And David was equipped by God to deal with the need.  So he did.


And David said unto Saul, Thy servant kept his father’s sheep, and there came a lion, and a bear, and took a lamb out of the flock:  35And I went out after him, and smote him, and delivered it out of his mouth: and when he arose against me, I caught him by his beard, and smote him, and slew him. 36Thy servant slew both the lion and the bear: and this uncircumcised Philistine shall be as one of them, seeing he hath defied the armies of the living God. 37David said moreover, The LORD that delivered me out of the paw of the lion, and out of the paw of the bear, he will deliver me out of the hand of this Philistine. And Saul said unto David, Go, and the LORD be with thee.
I Sam. 17


There was a problem.  David knew he was equipped by God to take care of the lion.  David had previous experience with God in doing such.   So he did it.  Thanks to God who equipped David for this matter.


My father was a mechanic.  When we came across a car stopped at side of road, my dad stopped and checked the car and when he could fix it on the spot, he fixed it. 

It would have done no good at all for me to stop and try to fix a car.  I am not able to fix a car. It would have been a vain show for me to pretend I could help in such a matter.

Strangely, some people see a problem and try to fix the problem when they are not capable.  This, we should not do for it is likely to create even greater problems.  But when we see a need and are able we do it.  And when that is the case we are (hopefully) not seeking praise for ourselves.  Rather we have seen a problem and know we are equipped by God for this problem and we provide help in time of need.  And when this is the case, if that person is of God, he will see God as the provider and not us.

Jesus said ... Mt. 5:16 ... Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.


I live in a house which has a yard.  I have an excellent yard man (a company) who mows and trims and cleans flower beds.  While it costs money, I have money provided by God.  And I see the yard care company as provided by God to enable me to live in a house which has a yard.  Otherwise I would live in apartment.

I have a 20 year old car.  I have a very good mechanic.  It doesn't take much to keep the car going so I keep the old car.  Provision from God for car and mechanic to keep car going.

I have a very good cleaning woman who comes one a week and cleans.  provision from God and often I thank God for such a good cleaning woman.

I needed a sound equipment man in Lubbock.  I have a man who helped me put the system together but he lives 600 miles across the state.  I tried many businesses in Lubbock but none of these worked out for me.  As of the past month, I have found a man in Lubbock who can keep the system working.  I thank God for this provision.

All things provided for us to help us on this earth are provided by God.  We, who belong to God, see this as a provision from God.  We see past the human and see God as the provider.

We must work in the area appointed by God to provide the need through God.  If we try to "impress" someone by foolishly jumping out to kill a "Goliath" when we are unprepared to do so, we are foolish and simply trying to impress men.

But when we see a real need and are able to provide it God is glorified.

Be careful about trying to provide a "need" when there is no need and when the person can take care of the problem himself for then you are only seeking to glorify yourself in the sight of man.  So often people do this. I have an acquaintance in Lubbock who is always trying to do something to help me when there is no need.  And she dreams up things that I "need" when I know I don't need such.  And she offers to help me get what I don't need.  And if I do something for her, she quickly tries to repay me with gifts and/or thank you cards.  This is a very fleshly way taught by humans.  God is not in this way for God is light and not darkness.

So as Jesus said:  Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

(And if you see you've lived in a wrong way in past, just ask God to forgive you for your wrong way and go in right way in future.  Nothing more is needed.)