Saturday, December 29, 2012

Grieved by the world

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Yesterday I went to grocery store.  When carry out person was helping me take groceries to car, he said, "Did you have a good Christmas?"

I was shocked.  Even after Christmas the idol was raising it's head.

I replied, "Christmas is not something in the Bible.  God did not set it up for us to do these things people do at Christmas.  I don't participate in this."

I knew I appeared to be an old fool of some kind and I was grieved.  I knew this "kid" could not understand.  I suffered as a result.


It is very hurtful when these things happen to us but I was reminded of what Peter said ... I Peter 4 ... Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you: 13But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ’s sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy. 14If ye be reproached for the name of Christ, happy are ye; for the spirit of glory and of God resteth upon you: on their part he is evil spoken of, but on your part he is glorified.

We understand because God chose us as HIS own and revealed these things to us and so when we speak we suffer because we appear foolish to the world or even evil.  This is the same suffering Christ endured when HE spoke and did the Word of God.  So we learn to "rejoice" in the suffering because by such suffering we know we are partakers of Christ.

We are not of the world and their ideas but we are of God.  And we are hated and despised and misunderstood when we do good because we are of God and they are not of God.  It hurts.  But aren't we glad we are of God.  We will never be like the world.  And they will never understand as the world.