Sunday, December 16, 2012

In all our ways, acknowledge God

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Proverbs 3 ... Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. 6In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
7Be not wise in thine own eyes:


It is such comfort to learn to pray about everything we do instead of jumping up and acting in our own wisdom on the matter at hand.  This is what it means to "acknowledge HIM", asking God what to do.  Then we have the promise:  And HE shall direct thy paths.  This too is such comfort knowing that we prayed and HE directed us in what to do.

Recently they put a new roof on my house.  There was hail damage and the insurance company paid for the roof.  On the last day of the roofing job. a question arose about a rib on one corner of the roof.  I didn't know if there was a problem.  I prayed asking God what to do and after prayer I thought of my contractor.  I called him and he came over immediately and inspected the roof.  All this gave me such peace of mind.  Certainly it was peaceful to have my contractor look at it since I believe he knows what should be done.  But above all I have peace because I prayed first and believe it was God Who had me call my contractor.

Praying first is such an important way of life for each of us to develop.