Tuesday, December 11, 2012

What is the fear of the Lord?

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Jesus said ... For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak. 50And I know that his commandment is life everlasting:  Jn. 12:49-50

What God says to us is "life everlasting".

From the time I was born again, God put this concept into my heart:  God always knows what is best for me no matter what it looks like.  Follow what HE tells me concerning the specific issues of life."

This understanding is a fear of the Lord ... a fear of God ...

God's word is the way to go and is life everlasting concerning the issues of this present life.  All other ways are ways of death and destruction.  We must be afraid to go in any way opposite to that which we have heard from the Spirit of God...  a fear of the Lord ...

Before I was born again in 1975, I didn't ask God what to do about anything.  I just did what I thought was best.

After I was born again in 1975, I learned to ask God what to do when situations occurred.  Most of the time these things were "big" things.  Through the years I learned to asked God about everything.  Sometimes I would forget to pray.  As I have gotten older, I seem more consistent to turn to God in everything, asking HIM what to do.

A "fear of the Lord", "a fear of God", is going in that which you believe you have heard from God.

It is in inward knowing that it is unsafe to do otherwise, thus a "fear" of going against that told you by the Spirit of God in the matter at hand.