Wednesday, December 26, 2012

When you suffer loss due to another person

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Sometimes a person will do something which causes us to suffer loss.  There may be thoughts of trying to make them pay for that loss when this happens. You may find yourself in strife over the situation.

Recently this happened to me.  Due to hail damage, the insurance company paid to have a new roof put on my house.  The roofers accidentally removed a very expensive pure copper gutter and threw it away.

It sounds strange to have a gutter where the materials costs thousands of dollars but when I was building the house, my contractor had this copper gutter left over from his previous construction job and he put it on my house.  It was an art work.  Now it has been thrown away by the roofers.

At first, I was shocked when I discovered this.  Then dismayed.  But when I settled down that night, I turned to God.  And HE brought me to a state of peace.  And I believe HE showed me to just let it go and not to try to replace it.  All these material objects are only temporary anyway.

So even though the roofing company planned to get another pure copper gutter for the house, I told them not to do this.  I would just eliminate gutters from this house.  (It hardly ever rains here anyway and really we do not need gutters here.)  And inwardly I knew they would never be able to replace that which had been thrown away.  It was very unusual.  Better not to try to replace it and just make complete change.

As I was working through this, I remembered the following scripture.

I Cor. 6 ... Dare any of you, having a matter against another, go to law before the unjust, and not before the saints? 2Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters? 3Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life? 4If then ye have judgments of things pertaining to this life, set them to judge who are least esteemed in the church. 5I speak to your shame. Is it so, that there is not a wise man among you? no, not one that shall be able to judge between his brethren? 6But brother goeth to law with brother, and that before the unbelievers. 7Now therefore there is utterly a fault among you, because ye go to law one with another. Why do ye not rather take wrong? why do ye not rather suffer yourselves to be defrauded? 8Nay, ye do wrong, and defraud, and that your brethren.

Although they were not trying to defraud me, I knew in this case it was better to "take the wrong done" and not try to replace the item.

Another things called to my attention is this:  "The Lord will repay."

Sometimes it is going to cause less grief to you and to others if you agree to just take the wrong done and rest in the truth that the Lord will repay.

The world doesn't operate in this kind of thinking but we who are spiritual know we are just "passing through" this world and the world and everything here are just temporary.  We came into this world naked and we will leave this world naked and we will not be able to take anything with us when we leave.

Focus on that which is eternal which is the Word of God and try to find out what God wants us to do in specific issues that come to us in life and do what we believe HE shows us.  By living that way, we store up treasure in heaven where there is no loss.