Thursday, December 6, 2012

Those who trust in God are not desolate

Pam Padgett ... teacher

Psalm 34:22 The LORD redeemeth the soul of his servants: and none of them that trust in him shall be desolate.

We're given a promise here that no one who trusts in God will be desolate.

desolate: 
deserted of people; abandoned; thoroughly alone
in a state of bleak and dismal emptiness
feeling or showing misery, unhappiness, or loneliness

While considering what it means to be desolate, I was reminded of ways God has kept me from being desolate. Even if we're alone much of the time, God provides whatever people we need in our lives.  One example I recalled was when I needed someone to move some heavy pieces of sound equipment.  I prayed and was reminded of a young man who was well able and very willing to do this.

Whatever we need, when we turn to God, trusting in Him, He helps us. 

Philippians 4:19 But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

Even more, we aren't desolate because God is with us.  We have been chosen by God, and given the Holy Spirit in us.  God is our help, our joy, our provision, our protection.  And He will never leave us or forsake us ...  

Hebrews 13:5 Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. 6 So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.

Psalm 142:5 I cried unto thee, O LORD: I said, Thou art my refuge and my portion in the land of the living.