Monday, December 10, 2012

Speaking what God wants spoken

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Jesus said ... For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak. 50And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak. Jn. 12:49-50

Jesus heard from God the Father and spoke that which HE heard from God.

In another passage, Jesus said same thing ... Jn. 5:30 ... I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

After I was born again, in 1975, and set into the ministry offices to which I am called, God taught me John 5:30 ... "Just speak that which I bring to your mind" ... For about 3 or 4 years, I just stayed at my apartment in Dallas and studied the Bible.  Then when I did go out and was reminded of something concerning the truth from God, I spoke that.  God taught me not to try to figure anything out. 

When God put me on radio, I did same thing.  I just recorded the broadcast without any editing, depending on God to speak through me that which HE wanted spoken.  I would pray over the broadcast that I was about to do.  I would be reminded of a verse of scripture or example and I just started speaking that and God would then remind me of more and the 29 1/2 minutes of tape would be filled this way.

When I had meetings, I did same thing.  I didn't plan a "sermon" ahead of time.  I just walked out on stage and God would call a scripture or a dream or an example to my mind and I spoke that.  Then another scripture or dream or example would be called to mind and I spoke that.  I was certain this way the work was not of my own thinking but of God and I knew the needs of specific people in the congregation would receive what they really needed.

I do the same thing now when I write.

Jesus said ... He that speaketh of himself seeketh his own glory: but he that seeketh His glory that sent him, the same is true, and no unrighteousness is in him. Jn. 7:18

That person who desires approval of man will try to come up with some clever sermon to draw men to himself.  Such a man seeks his own glory by his own mind.

But the man who really follows God will speak that which comes from God and this way the work will be real in the church and God will be glorified.

God also taught me (in 1975) the working of the Holy Spirit.

Jn. 14:26 ... But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Jn. 16:13 ... Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

Four things the Holy Spirit does:  

- HE teaches us all things
- He reminds us of everything Jesus has said  (scripture, dreams, thoughts)
- He guides us into all truth
- He shows us things to come

God taught me to depend upon the Holy Spirit and to speak that which the Holy Spirit called to my mind.

It was as if I was only a "computer" and I filled my mind with Bible and things of God and God pulled these out of me by His Spirit as HE willed.

It has always been so simple and easy.