Saturday, March 26, 2022

Podcast: Today God gives us a new heart and a new spirit so we can now follow HIM, doing HIS righteousness

 

 
 
Genesis 6

5 And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

11 The earth also was corrupt before God, and the earth was filled with violence.

12 And God looked upon the earth, and, behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted his way upon the earth.

So God said HE would give man a new heart and a new spirit:

Ezekiel 36  God says:

23 And I will sanctify MY great name, which was profaned among the heathen, which ye have profaned in the midst of them; and the heathen shall know that I am the LORD, saith the Lord GOD, when I shall be sanctified in you before their eyes.

24 For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land.

25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.

26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

27 And I will put MY spirit within you, and cause you to walk in MY statutes, and ye shall keep MY judgments, and do them.

When we are chosen by God and set into the body of Christ today, born again by God's Spirit, God gives us that promised "new heart and new spirit", and because of that we hear from the Spirit of God and do the good will of God on this earth.

John 5:30   Jesus said:  I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear (from God), I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

As born again Christians God has given to us that promised new heart and new spirit.  Now we can choose to go in the way of the Spirit doing good rather than doing the evil works of the flesh.

The apostle Paul says:

Romans 7:18  For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing:

But God gives us a new heart and a new spirit so we can know the good way of God and we can choose the way of God as the Holy Spirit of God reminds us of the way of God as the flesh rises up in us in times of temptation.

Therefore Paul explains:

Romans 8:1  There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

The flesh would lead us to do the works of the flesh, but the Holy Spirit reminds us of the way of God and we choose to do the way of God as shown us by the Holy Spirit of God who lives in us.

Thus we choose the way of God and rejoice that we now have the Spirit of God to show us the way of God in the temptation that we do not follow our own flesh but follow God's way.

Romans 8:14  For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

I don't believe man knows good except as God reveals to man good.  Mostly man just tries to justify his own self in front of other men.

As we do what God shows us to do and to say by HIS Spirit we justify God and godliness.  And because we follow what we are told by the Spirit we walk in God's righteousness and are righteous because we go in God's way.

But of our own self we can do nothing.  

We hear from God and therefore know what to do in the problems of this life.
 

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯