Sunday, March 20, 2022

Podcast: Our righteousness must be of God, not of ourselves

 
 
 
 
Jesus says:

Matthew 7

21 Not every one that saith unto ME, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of MY Father which is in heaven.

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from ME, ye that work iniquity.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

One day, I was reading a scripture and God opened my understanding concerning our righteousness being of God:

Isaiah 54:17  No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of ME, saith the LORD.

When God tells us to do something or to say something and we do what we have heard from God, then our righteousness is of God, authored by God.

God gave Joshua an assignment, then God said to Joshua:

Joshua 1:9  Have not I commanded thee?

So in all that we do or say, we should be examining ourselves: "Did God show me to do this?"  

If God has told us to do something or to say something, then our righteousness is of God when we do or say that thing.
 

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯