Friday, March 18, 2022

πŸ’₯ The wonders of the Holy Spirit who is in us as we do the will of God.


 Jesus said:

Acts 1:8

But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto ME both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

9 And when HE had spoken these things, while they beheld, HE was taken up; and a cloud received HIM out of their sight.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

In approximately 1978, I was at a copy store waiting to get to use their copy machine, when a little old man came up to me and said:  "Little lady, you didn't happen to park behind that green and gold car out there did you?"

"No sir."  I replied.

He went on to say:  "That's a Baylor car."  (Baylor is a Baptist University in Texas.)

Then he said:  "You don't happen to be a Christian do you?"

With great excitement I responded:  

"Well YES, I am!  Just recently I was born again."

He was then downcast and his countenance fell as he said, "OH HECK.  I just joined the witnessing class at First Baptist Church and you are the first person I chose to witness to."

(This is not the witness of the Holy Spirit but the witness of man who tries to witness.)

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

In the late 1970's, I owned a business in Dallas, Texas.  I was on a plane enroute to a buying trip for my shop.  As the plane touched down in Albuquerque, New Mexico, I heard this from the Holy Spirit.  "Be baptized."

My cousin, Church of Christ member, met me at the airport and I said: "Jeanne.  If you can arrange it at the church I will be baptized before I return to Dallas this afternoon."

She was very confused and replied, "You've already been baptized."

I replied, "But I wasn't born again at that time.  Now I am born again and the Holy Spirit says to me 'Be baptized.' "

As we drove along to the place where I would buy merchandise, I talked about many things God has done for me.

Jeanne listened.

Then she said:  "Well ... I believe you are a Christian ... I just don't see how you can be one."

(I laughed.)

***

At the Church of Christ building that afternoon, she did arrange for me to be baptized. 

I was very surprised for about 15 of my relatives were waiting there to witness to my baptism.

Even more surprising the young minister said to me:  "Would you like to say anything?"

I replied:  "I guess."  (and I just started talking as the Holy Spirit led.)

I noticed that one of my cousins was very joyful and shaking her head up and down as I spoke.  And my uncle was crying.

As the minister lowered me into the water, the Holy Spirit said to me:  "This is like being buried with Christ."

As I came out of the water, the Holy Spirit said:  "This is like being raised with Christ."

When we rejoined my relatives, my uncle came to me and he still had tears in his eyes.  He said:  "I've never heard anything like you spoke today.  Could you write that out and send it to me?"  I said: "I guess so."  (When I returned to Dallas I did that.)

Years later, I realized my uncle was born again as I was speaking.

(At that time, I had no idea that God had called me to be a minister.  I was just following what I heard by the Holy Spirit.)

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯