Sunday, March 27, 2022

πŸ’₯ Faith

 
Romans 10

6 But the righteousness which is of faith speaketh on this wise, Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven? (that is, to bring Christ down from above:)

7 Or, Who shall descend into the deep? (that is, to bring up Christ again from the dead.)

8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;

9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus (The Word), and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised HIM from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

(Believe The Word and speak that Word that you believe.)

11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on HIM shall not be ashamed.

12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon HIM.

13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord  shall be saved.

(The Word of God is the name of the Lord.  We call on the Word of God.)

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

God will always perform HIS Word.

It is very simple:  Abraham believed God and because HE believed what God said to HIM, it was counted unto Abraham for righteousness.

We can always believe what God says to us.  The Bible is the inspired Word from God.  God will always perform HIS Word by HIS Will.

And we can also believe and depend on what God speaks directly to us.

Either way, it is the Word spoken by God.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

Between 1977-1982, I attended a church called Word of Faith.

My Sunday School Teacher said to me:  "Joan ... you're very different from the other people here.  They talk about faith.  But you live faith."

I just believe in my heart that God is speaking this word and I know God does what HE says.

(It is not that I try to believe.  I do believe. Sometimes at church I would hear someone speak and I could tell they really didn't believe what they spoke.  They were just trying to believe.)

Jesus says HIS sheep know HIS voice and they will not follow voices of strangers.  (John 10)

I've had a lot of experience hearing the voice of the Holy Spirit.  I know it is the Holy Spirit when HE speaks to my mind, and I know when another spirit is speaking to me.  They are not the same.

The Holy Spirit leads me.  The other spirits, not of God, try to drive me.

Other spirits try to drive me by fear, complexity, confusion.  The Holy Spirit speaks to me and gives me an option usually.  And I know the Holy Spirit is showing me the will of God in the matter and sometimes the commandment from God, but no fear that I can recall.

I know the sound of the voice of the Holy Spirit and I know the sound of devils when they speak.  Usually they bring a lot of confusion, panic, fear.  It is just not the voice of the Holy Spirit.

God's yoke is easy and His burden is light.  (Mt. 11:30)

If the plan is complex, difficult to accomplish, overly expensive, I know I don't have God's plan and another spirit is trying to lead me.

I always marvel at how simple God's plans are and how well they work out.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

The Word comes to our mind, and after the Word comes, we then believe.

It is not a matter of trying to believe.  It is a matter of believing God is speaking to you and so you just follow the instructions in an appropriate way.

That is the basis for faith:  The Word God speaks to you.

We wait until we hear from God.  We recognize the voice of God and the wisdom that is of God.  Then we believe and then we act appropriate to that which we have heard from God and that which we believe.

James 3

14 But if ye have bitter envying and strife in your hearts, glory not, and lie not against the truth.

15 This wisdom descendeth not from above, but is earthly, sensual, devilish.

16 For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work.

17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.

18 And the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace of them that make peace.


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯