Wednesday, March 16, 2022

Podcast: I Corinthians 14:34-35

 

 
 
34  Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law.

35 And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

After God revealed to me that I was to be a minister, I said, "What about what Paul said in I Cor. 14 concerning women speaking in the church?"

God said to me, "Look at what these women were doing."

When I re-read I Cor. 14, I felt these women at church were disrupting the church gathering by asking questions.  Thus Paul stopped them and said: 35 And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church. 

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

Also God reminded me that Philip, the evangelist, had 4 daughters who did prophesy.  

Prophecy is for the church.  

These daughters would have to speak to the church to prophesy.

Acts 21:8-9  And the next day we that were of Paul's company departed, and came unto Caesarea: and we entered into the house of Philip the evangelist, which was one of the seven; and abode with him.

9 And the same man had four daughters, virgins, which did prophesy.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

And God reminded me of Anna.

Luke 2

36 And there was one Anna, a prophetess, the daughter of Phanuel, of the tribe of Aser: she was of a great age, and had lived with an husband seven years from her virginity;

37And she was a widow of about fourscore and four years, which departed not from the temple, but served God with fastings and prayers night and day.

38 And she coming in that instant (as they brought the baby Jesus to the temple) gave thanks likewise unto the Lord, and spake of HIM to all them that looked for redemption in Jerusalem.

(We see this prophet Anna spoke to the people.)

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

And God reminded me of Deborah:

Judges 4

4 And Deborah, a prophetess, the wife of Lapidoth, she judged Israel at that time.

5 And she dwelt under the palm tree of Deborah between Ramah and Bethel in mount Ephraim: and the children of Israel came up to her for judgment.


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

By these scriptures I could see women speaking to the church, edifying the church, as prophets of God.

I was called to be an apostle & prophet.  Apostles deal with church doctrine.  Prophets often bring instruction and especially correction to the church and to individuals in the church.

In 1 Corinthians 14, I felt Paul was speaking of women in the church who were asking questions at church and disrupting the church gathering with their questions.

I believe God showed me by the above scriptures that women were appointed by HIM to work as prophets in the church and did work as prophets in both the Old and New Testaments.

Therefore I submitted to the calling of God for me in the church.

Examples in this podcast:
 

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯