Saturday, March 19, 2022

πŸ’₯ Dwelling on past can bring destruction.


The apostle Paul said:

Philippians 3:13

13 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,

14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

15 Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded:

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

Recently a young man, 32, came to consult us on a basement project.  I was shocked at how tall he was and I commented on it.  He was almost 7 feet tall!  I asked him if he played basketball.  He said he did.

He began telling us about the years he was trying to choose a college and at that time his dad died and everything went down for him.  His hopes for college. His hopes for a basketball career. And he entered a downward path.

(He said his dad was a preacher.)

Now he said he has turned his life around again.

The next time he came to our house, again he told us "what could have been" and talked about the past.

God did not give me anything at all to say to this young man the second time he came to our house.  I wasn't even reminded of Philippians 3:13 until after he left.  

When this happens, I always know God did not want me to speak.

When God wants me to speak, the Holy Spirit will remind me of scripture.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

A few years ago, I spent several weeks correcting myself by Philippians 3:13.

To look back longingly at our lives brings destruction.

I consider myself to be a servant of God doing God will and to be exactly where God wants me at this point in time and I thank God I didn't marry any of the men I dated.  For I know God had another assignment for me.  And I wouldn't trade my life now for another life even if I could do so.

Getting to the point where you are thankful to God for your own life exactly where you are is an important part of joy, peace and going forward in Christ.

God places us on this earth at the exact time that HE chooses and we live in the exact places where God has put us.  We see that in the following scripture.

Acts 17:26   (God)  hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;

Times before appointed:  The times we would live on this earth.

Bounds of habitation: The exact places we would live.


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯