Monday, March 14, 2022

πŸ’₯ After Jesus' death and resurrection, HE continued to walk on this earth for 40 days, appearing in the form of a man.

 
Acts 1

1 The former treatise have I made, O Theophilus (lover of God), of all that Jesus began both to do and teach,

2 Until the day in which HE was taken up, after that HE through the Holy Ghost had given commandments unto the apostles whom HE had chosen:

3 To whom also HE shewed HIMSELF alive after HIS passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God:

4 And, being assembled together with them, commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, which, saith HE, ye have heard of ME.

5 For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

And Jesus said to them:

Acts 1:8  But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto ME both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

9 And when HE had spoken these things, while they beheld, HE was taken up; and a cloud received HIM out of their sight.

Now Jesus was gone into heaven and no longer appeared to them in the bodily form of a human.

But very soon, they would receive the gift of the Holy Spirit of Jesus who would be in each disciple so Jesus would be with them in spirit at all times as long as God left them on this earth.

That Spirit of Jesus would teach them all things, remind them of all that Jesus had said, guide them into all truth, and show them things to come.

And that Spirit of Jesus would live in them,

Acts 1

12 Then returned they unto Jerusalem from the mount called Olivet, which is from Jerusalem a sabbath day's journey.

13 And when they were come in, they went up into an upper room, where abode both Peter, and James, and John, and Andrew, Philip, and Thomas, Bartholomew, and Matthew, James the son of Alphaeus, and Simon Zelotes, and Judas the brother of James.

14  These all continued with one accord in prayer and supplication, with the women, and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with HIS brethren.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

Jesus  commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father,

Comments by Joan Boney:

Sometimes there will be waiting periods in our lives.  We will be taken to a point, and then nothing for awhile.  We must wait patiently until we hear further instruction from God.

On July 31, 1979, I closed my business in Dallas to go into "the ministry".

I simply stayed at my apartment waiting.  I had no place to go during that time.  I just stayed at home and read Bible and continued going to church and going to the local prayer group, but mostly I waited.

I paid my personal expenses from my money that I had saved during the time of the business.

Between July 31, 1979 and January 10, 1980, I waited.

Then on the night of January 10, 1980, I was asleep in the night when all of a sudden a very loud trumpet-like voice spoke 3 words into my ear.  "Hartford, Seattle, KWJS"

I jumped out of bed and wrote "KWJS" on a notepad.  These seemed to me to be call letters to either radio or television but I didn't know which until I looked them up and found them to be a radio station.

I said to God:  "Are YOU telling me to go on radio?  I wouldn't know how to do that.  I'm a writer, not a speaker."

Immediately, the Holy Spirit said to my mind:  "Call the radio station manager."

I called radio station KWJS that same morning.

I had no idea what I would say to him but all of a sudden I began speaking and said:  "God might be showing me to go on radio. How would you do that?"

He replied:  "Make an audition tape 29 1/2 minutes long and send it to me and if you fit our broadcasting we will offer you a contract."

I had a tape recorder at my apartment so I took my kitchen timer and prayed and began speaking that which was brought to my mind.

There was no editing of the tape.  I didn't know how to edit a tape.  I just spoke that scripture or example that was brought to my mind by the Holy Spirit.

I mailed the tape that same morning and within about 3 days they offered me a time spot on radio KWJS and a contract, and within 5 days I was broadcasting the first exhortation to the church on KWJS.

Within a year I was on radio from "Hartford to Seattle" just as I was told in that word given me by the angel of the Lord in January 1980.  

For several years, I presented exhortations to the church 5 days a week from coast to coast in USA.

God had trained me for the ministries to which I am called, apostle and prophet.  But I had no idea I would be doing this on radio.  I had never heard a religious radio broadcast until I was put on radio.  (I still have never heard a radio preacher.  God just showed me what to do on radio.)

Then in March 2012, God gave me a dream showing me to write a blog.

After that, in 2015, books on Amazon.

February 2020, podcasts.

And there were often waiting periods between assignments.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯


After Jesus ascended into heaven,  the apostles waited at Jerusalem until the promised gift of the Holy Spirit was given to them.

As they waited, they selected the apostle who would replace Judas Iscariot.

Acts 1

15 And in those days Peter stood up in the midst of the disciples, and said, (the number of names together were about an hundred and twenty,)

16 Men and brethren, this scripture must needs have been fulfilled, which the Holy Ghost by the mouth of David spake before concerning Judas, which was guide to them that took Jesus.

17 For he was numbered with us, and had obtained part of this ministry.

18 Now this man purchased a field with the reward of iniquity; and falling headlong, he burst asunder in the midst, and all his bowels gushed out.

19 And it was known unto all the dwellers at Jerusalem; insomuch as that field is called in their proper tongue, Aceldama, that is to say, The field of blood.

20 For it is written in the book of Psalms, Let his habitation be desolate, and let no man dwell therein: and his bishoprick let another take.

21 Wherefore of these men which have companied with us all the time that the Lord Jesus went in and out among us,

22 Beginning from the baptism of John, unto that same day that he was taken up from us, must one be ordained to be a witness with us of HIS resurrection.

23 And they appointed two, Joseph called Barsabas, who was surnamed Justus, and Matthias.

24 And they prayed, and said, Thou, Lord, which knowest the hearts of all men, shew whether of these two thou hast chosen,

25 That he may take part of this ministry and apostleship, from which Judas by transgression fell, that he might go to his own place.

26 And they gave forth their lots; and the lot fell upon Matthias; and he was numbered with the eleven apostles.
 
At the time this happened, Saul (Paul) was persecuting the church and gathering up followers of Jesus to bring them to the High Priest where they were put in prison or killed.

From heaven Jesus was setting up the New Testament church, giving to the church additional apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors and teachers.

Paul was going to be one of those New Testament apostles called by Jesus from heaven and trained to be an apostle by Jesus.

Ephesians 4
8 Wherefore HE saith, When HE ascended up on high, HE led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men.

11  And HE gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;

12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:

13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

Today, from heaven, Jesus calls HIS ministers and teaches them for the ministry work to which they are called.

Paul explains his appointment as apostle, preacher, teacher.

Acts 26  (Paul speaking to King Agrippa)

9 I verily thought with myself, that I ought to do many things contrary to the name of Jesus of Nazareth.

10 Which thing I also did in Jerusalem: and many of the saints did I shut up in prison, having received authority from the chief priests; and when they were put to death, I gave my voice against them.

11 And I punished them oft in every synagogue, and compelled them to blaspheme; and being exceedingly mad against them, I persecuted them even unto strange cities.

12 Whereupon as I went to Damascus with authority and commission from the chief priests,

13 At midday, O king, I saw in the way a light from heaven, above the brightness of the sun, shining round about me and them which journeyed with me.

14 And when we were all fallen to the earth, I heard a voice speaking unto me, and saying in the Hebrew tongue, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.

15 And I said, Who art thou, Lord? And HE said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest.

16 But rise, and stand upon thy feet: for I have appeared unto thee for this purpose, to make thee a minister and a witness both of these things which thou hast seen, and of those things in the which I will appear unto thee;

17 Delivering thee from the people, and from the Gentiles, unto whom now I send thee,

18 To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in ME.

19 Whereupon, O king Agrippa, I was not disobedient unto the heavenly vision:

20 But shewed first unto them of Damascus, and at Jerusalem, and throughout all the coasts of Judaea, and then to the Gentiles, that they should repent and turn to God, and do works meet for repentance.

21 For these causes the Jews caught me in the temple, and went about to kill me.

So we see by these scriptures that Paul was one of the first of those New Testament ministers called by Jesus from heaven described in Ephesians 4:8-12.

Today all ministers of Jesus are called by Jesus from heaven to be HIS minister and when Jesus calls HIS minister Jesus also teaches that minister for the work to which he has been called by Jesus.


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯