Friday, March 25, 2022

πŸ’₯ Adding words to Bible sometimes changes the meaning of the verse or limits the meaning.

 
The commission given to the translators of the King James Version of Bible was for them to bring forth a translation in English which was as close as possible to the original.

They did a wonderful job according to their assignment.

When the translators found it needful to add an English word to the Bible they put that word in regular italics so you could know that word was added by themselves and is not in the original.

John 10  (Jesus says)

27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

We see in verses 28 and 29 the word "man" is added.  That seems reasonable to us.  But there might be a problem in this.  

I believe it really means no (no man nor spirit) can pluck them out of my Father's hand.

For devils (spirits) will try to remove us from God.

So I see the addition of the word "man" limiting the meaning of this verse, especially verse 29, and I think it should say ... none is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand ...

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

Here is one section of scripture that is greatly changed by the addition of words of the KJV translators.

I Corinthians 7:38  So then he that giveth her in marriage doeth well; but he that giveth her not in marriage doeth better.

(Notice the translators added the word "her" twice.)

If we read this without the word "her", then that verse says:

So then he that giveth in marriage doeth well; but he that giveth not in marriage doeth better.

I think this is the correct meaning and that Paul is telling the men that the ones who do not marry do better than the ones who marry.

Paul explains this when he said:  And this I speak for your own profit; not that I may cast a snare upon you, but for that which is comely, and that ye may attend upon the Lord without distraction.
(v. 35)

(I believe v. 38 is very important.)

But on a whole, I find the translators of the KJB to be excellent and these verses as they are allow us to hear from God in the purest form of what God and HIS servants were saying to us.

The translators state the Word but God interprets the Word to us HIS children and causes us to understand.

Paul said to Timothy:

2 Timothy 2:7   Consider what I say; and the Lord give thee understanding in all things.


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯