Wednesday, March 9, 2022

πŸ’₯ Jesus shows us death is simply falling asleep.

 
John 11

1 Now a certain man was sick, named Lazarus, of Bethany, the town of Mary and her sister Martha.

2 (It was that Mary which anointed the Lord with ointment, and wiped HIS feet with her hair, whose brother Lazarus was sick.)

3 Therefore his sisters sent unto HIM, saying, Lord, behold, he whom thou lovest is sick.

4 When Jesus heard that, HE said, This sickness is not unto death, but for the glory of God, that the Son of God might be glorified thereby.

5 Now Jesus loved Martha, and her sister, and Lazarus.

6 When HE had heard therefore that he was sick, HE abode two days still in the same place where HE was.

7 Then after that saith HE to HIS disciples, Let us go into Judaea again.

8 HIS disciples say unto HIM, Master, the Jews of late sought to stone thee; and goest THOU thither again?

9 Jesus answered, Are there not twelve hours in the day? If any man walk in the day, he stumbleth not, because he seeth the light of this world.

10 But if a man walk in the night, he stumbleth, because there is no light in him.

11 These things said HE: and after that HE saith unto them, Our friend Lazarus sleepeth; but I go, that I may awake him out of sleep.

12 Then said HIS disciples, Lord, if he sleep, he shall do well.

13 Howbeit Jesus spake of his death: but they thought that he had spoken of taking of rest in sleep.

14 Then said Jesus unto them plainly, Lazarus is dead.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

My cousin told me this concerning her husband who had died:

She said:  "Thurman reached over and patted my hand and fell asleep, died."

I replied:  "That is what death is.  The person just falls asleep."

Then she told me she was going to take flowers to Thurman's grave.

I replied:  "Thurman is dead, asleep.  He can't see what you are doing.  So who is it you are trying to impress?"

She then became very quiet for a few minutes.  I could tell she was thinking about what I had just told her.  Then she said:  "Then it really doesn't matter where a person is buried."

I replied:  "That's right!"

(I think my cousin was born again at that moment.)

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

The apostle Paul says:

I Thessalonians 4

13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep (dead), that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.

14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with HIM.

15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent (go before) them which are asleep.

16 For the Lord HIMSELF shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

 
πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯