Sunday, March 13, 2022

πŸ’₯ Rewards in heaven.

 
II Corinthians 5

9 Wherefore we labour, that, whether present or absent, we may be accepted of HIM.
10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

11 Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

Each of us are rewarded for that which we have done.  If God told us to do something and we did that assignment, we receive reward

But if we are simply copying other people and trying to do good, there could be a very bad problem if God did not tell us to do that thing.

Matthew 7   (Jesus said)

21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

So we see from these scriptures that if God told us to do something or to say something, we will be accepted by Jesus and rewarded by God.

But if we do some "good work" because we want to do that work or think that is a good work, but God didn't lead us to do that work, we will be credited with doing "a work of iniquity" because it was not authored by God.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

God gave Joshua an assignment to do.

Then God said to Joshua:

Joshua 1:9  Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.

Did God tell me to do this work?  We ask ourselves concerning each work we do.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

Pam Padgett received a dream from God showing her that I, Joan Boney, was her "supervisor."

Pam was led by God to study computer programming after she prayed for God to help her to find work she would really enjoy doing.  

For more than 20 years, Pam earned her living working at Fed Ex as a computer programmer.

Then God showed her to retire from Fed Ex, taking an early retirement.

Here is Pam's story:
 
While working at FedEx I was leading a large project with many challenges including pressure from my manager and his manager to report the project as being farther along than it was.  I told them I couldn't do this.  And I was praying to God, asking HIM to please help me deal with integrity, to do what was right in HIS eyes.
 
One Saturday morning I was reading in the book of Micah.  The following scripture stood out very strongly to me:
 
Micah 2:10  Arise ye, and depart; for this is not your rest: because it is polluted, it shall destroy you, even with a sore destruction.
 
I felt this had to do with my job and that I was being led to leave my job at FedEx.  

I asked God to please strongly confirm this to me in a way I could understand.  
 
The following Monday while at work, a very strong anger came to me, so strong that I had to leave my work.  (I've never had anything like this happen to me before.)   I turned to God and asked what was going on, and was reminded of Micah 2:10.  I believed the intense anger I experienced that day was only a glimpse of the destruction to me if I remained at that job, and that this was the confirmation I had asked for about leaving that job.  

After this, I had the thought to check into early retirement rather than just quitting.  I found that I easily qualified for early retirement and that this would work out very easily and well for me.  
 
My early retirement was effective in February, 2012.  

A few weeks later, Joan Boney called and told me about a dream she had had and asked if I could setup a blog for us to use for exhortations for the church.  

I was completely free to do this immediately since I was no longer working.  

My income was much less after retiring, and there were definitely some fears.  Two scriptures given to me during that time were:

Philippians 4:19  But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
 
Philippians 4:6-7  Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.  
 
7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
 
God certainly provided everything I have needed, and even more.

Comments by Joan Boney:  

When Pam told me she was retiring from Fed Ex, I was concerned at first.  But I've seen Pam make decisions and I was certain she would have confirmations from God so I said nothing.

Pam set up a blog on Internet and within 3 days I was able to begin writing.  This was approximately March 28, 2012.

We began publishing books on Amazon in 2015.  It was critical to have the computer work that Pam did in setting up our books to be published on Amazon.

In February 2020, I had dreams which led me to start a podcast.  Again Pam's technical expertise became critical.

It was already obvious to me that God had given Pam a spiritual gift of "helps" and that she was ordained by God to do this technical work for the ministry to which I am called as apostle and prophet.

I Corinthians 14

27 Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular.

28 And God hath set some in the church (to work as ministers in the church and to care for the church), first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.

Pam is ordained by God to minister in the spiritual gift of "helps", just as I am ordained by God to do the work of "apostle/prophet".

Pam works faithfully in her assignment given by God just as I work faithfully in my assignment given by God.  

Joshua 1:9  "Haven't I commanded you?"  Says God.

Each member of the body of Christ will receive reward in heaven for doing that assignment given by God.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

The apostle John spoke of full rewards in heaven.

2 John 1

8 Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have wrought, but that we receive a full reward.

9 Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.

10 If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:

11 For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

I receive emails from men and women who say they are "pastors".  They tell of their many "good" works: building orphanages, building schools, building old folks homes, travelling and speaking, giving away Bibles.

They speak of the works they are doing but very rarely, almost never, do they mention God or anything God has told them to do.

And almost always they want something from me:  usually money, or books, or Bibles, or computers, and one person wanted me to send him a camera.  Why camera?  Often they take pictures of the orphans and send them to get people to get money.  It is a very fleshly emotional way to get money and it often works!

These are examples of what Jesus is speaking of when HE says:  Matthew 7:22-23   Many will say to ME in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?  And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from ME, ye that work iniquity.

I know they are not sent by God.  They are looking to me to be god and to provide for them, to pay for their works.

The Lord is not their shepherd.  For if Jesus was their shepherd, they would have "no want".

This is what the Bible says:  Psalm 23:1  The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.

They are doing their own works, therefore there is a need to pay for those works.

Always when God has told me to do something, the money was already there to do the work and the needed technical skills were already in place to accomplish that work.

When God put me on radio in January 1980, I asked God how I was to pay for this and God told me to write a letter and tell the people in the church what had happened.  I did not ask anyone to send money.  I wrote a letter with the following information:

On the night of January 10, 1980, I was asleep in the night when a very loud trumpet like voice spoke these words into my ear, causing me to awaken:  "Hartford, Seattle, KWJS"

When I found that same morning that KWJS was a radio station, I said to God:  "Are YOU tellling me to go on radio.  I wouldn't know how to do that.  I'm a writer, not a speaker."

IMMEDIATELY the Holy Spirit said to me:  "Call the radio station manager".

I called the station manager that morning and told him:  "God might be showing me to go on radio.  How would you do that?"

The station manager said to me:  Make an audition tape 29 1/2 minutes long and send it to me and if you fit our programming we will offer you a contract.

Money began coming to me immediately to help pay for the radio broadcasts.

But I didn't have to ask for money.  These offerings were freely given without my asking.

(I sent these letters to the church people that I knew, as God told me to do telling them what had happened, and I knew fewer than 50 people at that time, but there was plenty of money to pay for the full month of broadcasts ... and then the radio audience began to give money.  Later I'm sure I put the following at the end of each broadcast:  "If you would like to help with the support of these broadcasts, please send tax-deductible offerings to:  Jesus Ministries at post office box as follows.")

Psalms 37:25 I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor HIS seed begging bread.

If I had to "beg" for money as many preachers do to support their works today on radio or television, I would be sure that work was not assigned by God but was their own idea.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

I shudder to think of those things which they do which are their own ideas and place heavy burdens on the church.  This is not the way of God.  They just copy each other.

Often an advertising agency is involved in their fund raising.

Using "Send me your prayer requests" is one way ad agencies pull in big money for ministers.

I refused to do this when Michael Ellison Advertising Agency "suggested" that I print this on all my printed materials.

The agent was shocked when I said I would not do this.

I replied:  They should pray through Jesus Christ, not through Joan Boney.  And if they pray according to the will of God, their prayer will be answered by God.

I John 5

14 And this is the confidence that we have in HIM, that, if we ask any thing according to HIS will, HE heareth us:

15 And if we know that HE hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of HIM.

The agent then said to me:  "Joan ... you're missing a good bet.  For when you ask them to send prayer requests, they usually put some money in with that prayer request."

It is one of the many gimmicks used by ministers to get money from church going people.

I never did that.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯ 

In March 2012, God gave me a dream showing to start a blog on Internet.

I was shocked to find there was no cost involved in publishing a blog which would go all over the world instantly at no expense at all to us.  (To date:  more than one-million have clicked on our blog:  Jesus Ministries Exhortations.)

In 2015, I began writing ministry books on Amazon.

There is no cost to the ministry.  We receive a small royalty for each book sold.  We publish in both paperback and e-book.  And Amazon has a "free book" program where they will send copies of our e-books. 

In February 2020, God gave me a dream which showed me to begin Podcasts.

I had no idea what this would involve.  

I was delighted to learn a Podcast Host would charge only $100 per year and the recorded message went all over the world instantly.  And each message is listed on the archive each month and kept yearly, where people can order these broadcasts at any time without charge. (To date: 3-10-2022 /  18,779 podcasts have been downloaded  and I have recorded to date 775 Podcasts.  There is no broadcast limitation.)

At 84 years old, I am able to go all over the world, exhorting the church, without leaving my bedroom!

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

Do the assignment given by God and keep doing what HE shows you to do and you will be rewarded in heaven for faithfully doing that which is authored by God.

Resist the temptation to do your own works.  Just do that which God shows you to do!


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯