Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Timeliness of scripture according to our need

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophets

Our needs change day to day, week to week, month to month.  God gives us scripture and words according to our needs at that time ... to sustain us, cause us to go in a certain way, cause us to continue in a certain way, or even to stop us from going in a certain way.

It is very important for each of us to focus on those scriptures or words from God by HIS Spirit which reinforce our need at this exact time.

* 1975-79  God was training me for the work I would do in the ministry.  These were critical scriptures used for my training.

John 5:30   Jesus said:  I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

(Speak and do that which God shows you by HIS Spirit.  You can do nothing unless God shows you to do that.  The words you speak must be the words God wants you to speak.  No power in your own words.  Great power in HIS words.  Just read Bible and speak that which God brings to your mind.)

I Corinthians 2:1-5    And I, brethren, when I came to you, came not with excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto you the testimony of God.  For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and Him crucified. And I was with you in weakness, and in fear, and in much trembling. And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power: That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.

(Don't try to be clever and enticing.  Just read Bible and speak that brought to your mind by Holy Spirit as you stand before them. Don't try to prepare in advance what you will say.  God will bring to your attention as you speak what you shall say.)

Luke 21:14-15    Settle it therefore in your hearts, not to meditate before what ye shall answer:
For I will give you a mouth and wisdom, which all your adversaries shall not be able to gainsay nor resist.

(Read the Bible ... get before them ... and speak those scriptures and words which I call to your mind at that time.  Don't prepare words in advance of the meeting.  Read Bible cover to cover and when you get there I will call scripture to your mind to meet their needs.  Speak that.)


*****
* 1975-76  a man sued me and several others in Dallas charging us with conspiring to keep him from doing business in Dallas where he had rented a motel room to sell Indian jewelry.  The scripture God gave me at that time to sustain me was:

Isaiah 54:17    No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of ME, saith the LORD.


*****


* 2001  Dream:  I needed to leave my house but I could not go through my cousin's house.

After this dream, my mother died.  My cousin wanted me to move where she lives with husband.  God had already shown me I could not do that.  I ended up moving 350-miles east of her.


***** 

* Current:  I meditate often on the following 3 scriptures to encourage myself to do the work to which God has called me and to keep on doing this work.

Hebrews 3:13    exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.

Hebrews 10:25   exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

I Corinthians 15:58   be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.


*****


In my case: they shall fight against thee; but they shall not prevail against thee; for I am with thee, saith the LORD, to deliver thee.   Jeremiah 1:19 

We keep the word given us by God before us day and night in order to have strength to do the word.

You need to ask yourself which scriptures God has given you at this current time to help you in your need. Focus on those scriptures doing them daily as the occasion arises.


*****